Top Tory says they should consider pact with UKIP

I think that UKIP will be overtaken by events prior to the next election rendering it a mute point anyway. The Eurozone has to change and when it does Britains relationship with the EU has to change. By 2015 we'll in all likelihood have an Eulite proposal on the table that most people will back and UKIP's raison d'etre will be gone.

Didn't "something of the night" try that one and was soundly beaten?

Lets face it Cameron only came close to winning the last election because he'd tried desperately to rid the Tories of their xenophobic, anachronistic, old fashioned nasty party image.

Labour won in '97 because they appealed to the swing voter, and that's where Cameron's Tories aimed their camaign.

I'd rather things went a few yards to the right, though if pandering to the swingers in the middle is necessary, so be it.

Labour won in '97 because they appealed to the swing voter, and that's where Cameron's Tories aimed their camaign.

I'd rather things went a few yards to the right, though if pandering to the swingers in the middle is necessary, so be it.

And I'd rather things swing to the left, your point is?

I think it would be a splendid move, a bit of a nudge to the right of centre for the Conservative Party - back to roots really, and with some common sense approach to multiculturalism thrown in.

Hang on a minute, didn't UKIP support the break up of the UK at the last election? (Possibly a tactical move to grab votes of English Democrats).

Seems unlikely that Cameron, the leader of the 'Conservative and Unionist Party, would want anything to do with that. Shame really the Conservative, UKIP and DUP could've joined ranks & be known as the Nutters Party.

Still Farage should fit well into the current arrangements given that in 2009 alone in claimed £2 million pounds of EU expenses:http://juniusonukip.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/ukip-more-snippets-more-farage-and.html

It's a fairly obvious one. The votes that decide who wins or loses are in the center ground, not the far left or right.
Indeed, every election is won by the 'swingers'. As you say the point is obvious - though to some people, nothing is obvious.

Indeed, every election is won by the 'swingers'. As you say the point is obvious - though to some people, nothing is obvious.

Including the fact that before Blair became leader of the Labour Party campaigned for withdrawal. Tony Benn is probably one of the most vociferous critics of the EU

Hang on a minute, didn't UKIP support the break up of the UK at the last election? (Possibly a tactical move to grab votes of English Democrats).

Seems unlikely that Cameron, the leader of the 'Conservative and Unionist Party, would want anything to do with that. Shame really the Conservative, UKIP and DUP could've joined ranks & be known as the Nutters Party.

Still Farage should fit well into the current arrangements given that in 2009 alone in claimed £2 million pounds of EU expenses:http://juniusonukip.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/ukip-more-snippets-more-farage-and.html

2 Million in expenses!!! Wonder what Ricky and Joseph will have to say about this!:hihi:

I think that UKIP will be overtaken by events prior to the next election rendering it a mute point anyway. The Eurozone has to change and when it does Britains relationship with the EU has to change. By 2015 we'll in all likelihood have an Eulite proposal on the table that most people will back and UKIP's raison d'etre will be gone.

I doubt that UKIP will be mute.

EUlite...two tier Europe with us on the outside looking in, begs the question why we'd want that sort of arrangement so UKIP's campaign to exit the EU completely would still be there.

Archived