Top Tory says they should consider pact with UKIP

I'm not sure how useful such emotive language is!

Perhaps you should declare the full extent of your interest here, Mr Shaw.

Did you not stand as a UKIP candidate in Sheffield at the last General Election?

Lordy, wasn't aware of that.

While there's no need to declare personal political affiliations not mentioning you're the local UKIP treasurer seems a tad off.

Still, with a beard like that and store santa season upon us crack a smile and don the relevant outfit and the coffers will be full in no time!

Jeffrey has declared it quite recently in another thread. I incorrectly assumed it was common knowledge. Evidently not.

[Disclosure: Yes, I am a UKIP member]

EDIT - Just thought - unless you mean the candidate part specifically that is.

Member and local candidate/treasurer are two very different things.

I'm not suggesting any impropriety on Jeffreys part, far from it, just its best to get such things out in the open, especially as a moderator. I've discussed a number of things with him and I had no idea he was part of UKIP.

Member and local candidate/treasurer are two very different things.

I'm not suggesting any impropriety on Jeffreys part, far from it, just its best to get such things out in the open, especially as a moderator. I've discussed a number of things with him and I had no idea he was part of UKIP.

If you google him it's pretty obvious. Even more worrying is his beard! ;)

The Tories realise that immigration is a huge problem in this country ,they just havent the bottle to come out and say it hence the pact with UKIP..... by the back door please.Labour will be next on the anti immigration bandwagon they both realise that it is a big vote catcher or it will be at the next election.

The Tories realise that immigration is a huge problem in this country ,they just havent the bottle to come out and say it hence the pact with UKIP..... by the back door please.Labour will be next on the anti immigration bandwagon they both realise that it is a big vote catcher or it will be at the next election.

people said that at the last election and it wasn't

people said that at the last election and it wasn't

So why the proposed or suggested deal with UKIP what else have they to offer the Tories...or indeed anyone for that matter.They seem to represent a acceptable face of anti immigration,something the BNP could have been until they decided to walk a more extremist road.

I'm not sure how useful such emotive language is!

Perhaps you should declare the full extent of your interest here, Mr Shaw.

Did you not stand as a UKIP candidate in Sheffield at the last General Election?

1. Not emotive, merely factual. You don't like it? Tough.

2. I have no interest at all in a UKIP pact with the Conservative Party. Really, three of the four main parties (LibLabCon) share the same view of the EU (but few voters do- and many afficianados are having second thoughts, too); the fourth main party (UKIP) is the only mainstream democratic party which holds the opposing view and supports withdrawal.

3. My UKIP role has been disclosed often here- most recently, yesterday- but it does not alter the facts!

[quote=andygardener;9371923..... nor do they have a veto over any treaty changes and many areas of policy. So to suggest the best deal we can get is what they got is rather underplaying our hand.

we wouldn't have a veto if we were outside the eu, and if we were only a half-member then i imagine that any veto we had would be confined to a very small number of things.

What I want in terms of sovereignty being returned is first and foremost that parliament is the source of legislation for the UK and where parliament enact law that contradicts EU dictats then UK law has primacy and the EU dictats are null and void. Further to that any new legislation from the EU should have to be put before parliament for approval.

all the law in this country is made by parliament.

there is a long and tortuous process by which eu directives are passed involving the eu commission, the european parliament and the council of ministers, it's then down to the individual government to implement local laws which enact that legislation. some countries, and the uk is noted for this, go beyond the minimum required to enact the directive.

we elect the european parliament directly, we indirectly elect the council of ministers. if we had more and saner media coverage of this process then maybe they would make better directives and we would understand how the whole things works. perhaps we should also take the european parliament elections far more seriously than we seem to.

Archived