Mobile phone dangers

I agree, I have started feeling the pains tingling in my testicles recently as I have my iPhone in my pocket and I have an iPhone 4S at the same time, both in my pocket and I think the two signals combined are causing me pain. I've since read an article about men going in fertile and sperm counts being lowered than what the average sperm count was 50-60 years ago, and they think it';s something to do with the emergence of mobile phones and cellular technology being so close to us all day, everyday. Definitely something to look into, although, don't think the government are really concerned about our health issues as PaulH999 states, it's a 15 Billion Dollar a year industry so guess it's not important in that case.

Perhaps mobile phones are covertly aiding in reducing the worlds population, that's pretty darn clever.

That tingling sensation you feel are your swimmers getting zapped.

You think your phone gives out gamma rays, are you serious?

Of course not. You said "no decent proof that our bodys respond to even the most massive of doses of electromagnetic radiation". I was pointing out that isn't the case as you didn't specify you were only referring to part of the electromagnetic spectrum.

I smell NIMBY's.

I've never heard the folks of dore voice concerns for the health of people in areas like S5 which have phone masts dotted around near schools etc, but as soon as some are to appear in their lovely village they galvanise. :roll:

---------- Post added 03-07-2013 at 13:13 ----------

You do know that is a myth right? If radiation came out of mobile phones the BILLIONS of users would have some form of cancer, most likely tumours, since there is NO CORRELATION between these two there is no cause for any alarm. Genuinely thought that this in-factual 'science' had died down now. Why is it still around?

Mobile phones are a relatively new thing so their(alleged) negative effects perhaps haven't yet manifested; in 30, 40 or 50 years time I suppose we can make a judgement.

More base stations means that mobile phones will be on average closer to a base station. They will therefore transmit at lower power, and the base stations themselves will have to transmit at lower power so as to avoid interference between the greater number of nearby base stations. Power drops off proportional to radius squared after all.

Presumably then, in order to minimize the 'health effects' of electromagnetic radiation, the OP is in favour of increasing the number of base stations around Sheffield?

I smell NIMBY's.

I've never heard the folks of dore voice concerns for the health of people in areas like S5 which have phone dotted around near schools etc, but as soon as some are to appear in their lovely village they galvanise. :roll:

+1 on that!

wifi now hazardous to health? do you never go into the city centre, meadowhall or anywhere else with wifi hotspots? are you posting from a laptop, netbook, tablet or mobile?

cordless phones? they're only dangerous when i'm on hold and the battery dies. and then only dangerous to anyone in that phone's trajectory.

where do you live, paul? i'm guessing somewhere nice and leafy? would better telecommunications really damage the price of your house? 'i don't want to live there, they've got a phone mast!'

Archived