Any DIY Brides Want to Make a Vintage Table Plan?

Today I completed my sister's table plan: Vintage Table Plan

If you want to make one yourself then for this I used a plastic multi-frame from B&M, price £14.99. Dark brown and grey paint was painted on. At this point I was a little worried because I had never done this before and was hoping it would turn out like the image I had my head. I then covered this with white paint in very thin layers to let bits of the brown and grey show through. It was finished with gold highlights on the edges of the frame. The frame looks more like wood now not plastic.

It was pretty easy to do and I think it looks pretty good, after showing it my sister luckily she agrees. :)

(To the mods, I am posting this to help any brides who want a vintage look table plan, I don't sell these)

I like those sort of things. We had plaster decorative frames/panels on three walls in our spare bedroom and I antiqued them pretty much as you have done. I used several shades of gold, bronze, silver, black and grey in mine so they look very old and rustic.

My sister is going to use the frame for photos after the wedding. I think it will look great hung on the wall.

I think if I had time I could have done more layers of paint to give a more genuine old look. But she is getting married Saturday so time was running out.

I bought myself a heart shaped multi-frame from B&M also, I might be tempted to give that a vintage look too.

My sister is going to use the frame for photos after the wedding. I think it will look great hung on the wall.

I think if I had time I could have done more layers of paint to give a more genuine old look. But she is getting married Saturday so time was running out.

I bought myself a heart shaped multi-frame from B&M also, I might be tempted to give that a vintage look too.

Did the wedding go well? What sort of comments did you get about the table plan you made?

Had some nice comments about the table stationery - menus and table numbers. I know some got taken home as souvenirs. Didn't get any comments about the table plan though. However, I wasn't there when all the guests came in the room and saw it for the first time.

I think the table names might have overshadowed the table plan anyway. My sister decided she wanted a Red Dwarf theme. So I came up with the idea of naming the tables after an obscure characters like Thickie Holden and Duaine Dibbley :hihi:

The wedding went pretty well, except for one of the Bridesmaids couldn't fit into her dress. She said she would lose the weight - she didn't. So she ended up laying on the hotel room floor on her side (the dress had a side zip) while me and my sister tried to pull the zip up. It went OK until the zip bust :o. She ended up with a cardigan wrapped around her to cover up the gaping hole!

It's lucky I brought a cardigan with me - I was considering not doing. The dress was black and so was the cardi so it didn't actually look that bad. It was wrapped around her and held in place with a snowflake brooch.

Archived