Threads and Moderators

Many times I follow threads on this forum.

I always read and try to follow the threads before making any comments or replies !

Sometimes it gets really annoying (especially on long threads), when you have read through them all only to find that the mods have decided to close the subject before you get the chance to say your little bit. Should not a thread keep on going until it exhausts itself ?

I realise that the Forum needs moderating but sometimes it can be so irritiating when you spend the time reading and analysing threads then finding the topic is closed before you can respond This means a considered response ( not an immediate reaction ) often wont get published

just a moan thats all

A better title would be 'threads and persistently idiotic posters'

The members know the rules. If those are repeatedly broken the reporting system sends the backroom into meltdown, and it can become necessary for a thread to be closed for a while for members to cool off a little

Probably easiest before you start reading through a long thread to take a looksy at what the last couple of pages are comments are like.

If they're a bunch of people having a dig at each other or a way off topic discussion of a completely different subject (and in most long threads not tagged as megathreads they will be) then get your 2 penneth in quick before it's locked.

As Strix says, don't blame the mods blame the buffoons whose constant disruption of threads causes posters to report threads and ask that they be pruned or closed or even removed.

So why aren't they banned? Everyone knows who they are and they probably do it deliberately to get threads pulled.

A better title would be 'threads and persistently idiotic posters'

The members know the rules. If those are repeatedly broken the reporting system sends the backroom into meltdown, and it can become necessary for a thread to be closed for a while for members to cool off a little

Do they all? not easy to spot what the rules are.

I notice my "cowardly act of violence" thread had been locked. :mad:

I'm not surprised. The problem with the people on this forum is that they have to argue a point to death, and will never back down.

I saw this topic on another forum, it was agreed that it was disgusting and that everyone hoped the guy would be caught and that was it. But that's not good enough for here, people have to analyse every detail, every point of a post to find a fault and cause an argument.

Archived