Threads and Moderators

Do they all? not easy to spot what the rules are.

When you signed up to join the forum, you should have read the rules then. But if you wish to refresh your memory go to the Home Page and right down at the bottom there is a link to the rules and terms of use you can click onto and have a look through them.

Moderator message

As I understand it most IP addresses are dynamic these days, even if within a small allocation range so it wouldn't be practical.

It would take about 2 minutes to get a new IP address.

I used to moderate a site in years gone by (about 2005) and it was possible then but I didn't do banning bit ;) but that was before every man and his dog had smartphones etc.

At least I know it can't be done anymore which is a great shame.

Many times I follow threads on this forum.

I always read and try to follow the threads before making any comments or replies !

Sometimes it gets really annoying (especially on long threads), when you have read through them all only to find that the mods have decided to close the subject before you get the chance to say your little bit. Should not a thread keep on going until it exhausts itself ?

I realise that the Forum needs moderating but sometimes it can be so irritiating when you spend the time reading and analysing threads then finding the topic is closed before you can respond This means a considered response ( not an immediate reaction ) often wont get published

just a moan thats all

As you have been critical of the 'moderation', I suspect that this thread will not last long.

This topic has been covered many, many times.

If you have any specific complaints regarding moderation then please use the help desk to air your views.

Alternatively, if anyone has any sensible suggestions please use the suggestions and feedback section.

Thank you.

Archived