• 201-500
    • 501-1000
    • 1001-2000
    • 2001-3000
    • 3001-4000
    • 4001-5000
    • 5001-10 000
    • 10 000+

I would imagine we own in the region of 2000 books. Nobody has ever counted them, and certainly 50% haven't been read. But I'm not sure that's the point. They are nice things to own and can be used at sources of reference, but their main use is to save many square metres of wall from needing decorating.

We have loads of books and I can guarantee that they've all been read..doesn't seem much point to me otherwise...

I've read all mine. I keep those that I'm "attached" to. If a book is just a throwaway holiday read it will find its way to Oxfam or another charity shop or the book trolley at work. If I feel an emotional bond with it I'll keep it, even though I may never read it again. Odd, and hard to explain but...it's the reason I'll never stop buying physical books.

Some on my shelves I've read 2,3,4, 10 times.

We have loads of books and I can guarantee that they've all been read..doesn't seem much point to me otherwise...

On the contrary. If you have a book that hasn't been read you can always pick it up and read it. I wonder what is the point of having hundreds of books if you've already read them. Are there so few books in the world that you need to read them all several times each.

If I go to the library I rarely return with books I've previously read.

My husband collects Autocourse. He has them from around 1970 to last season. They are great reference books particularly if you want to look up a few facts and figures. He also has 50 or so copies of Wisden.

On the contrary. If you have a book that hasn't been read you can always pick it up and read it. I wonder what is the point of having hundreds of books if you've already read them. Are there so few books in the world that you need to read them all several times each.

If I go to the library I rarely return with books I've previously read.

I read them more than once...I have reference books which I enjoy..when I read a novel more than once it enables me to see the story from another character in the book's point of view..sometimes makes it feel like a different story..

Archived