• 201-500
    • 501-1000
    • 1001-2000
    • 2001-3000
    • 3001-4000
    • 4001-5000
    • 5001-10 000
    • 10 000+

I read them more than once...I have reference books which I enjoy..when I read a novel more than once it enables me to see the story from another character in the book's point of view..sometimes makes it feel like a different story..

Well I suppose it depends on how old you are. I'm 27 and I'm planning to be around long enough to make use of whatever is on the shelves. We also keep wine in the cellar but don't feel the need to drink it all at once.

Well I suppose it depends on how old you are. I'm 27 and I'm planning to be around long enough to make use of whatever is on the shelves. We also keep wine in the cellar but don't feel the need to drink it all at once.

Do books get better with keeping...? Not all wine does... :) .. I'm not criticising you by the way.. I buy books I'm in the mood for reading at the time..once read it may be a couple of years 'til they get read again..as I said depends on my mood..

Do books get better with keeping...? Not all wine does... :) .. I'm not criticising you by the way.. I buy books I'm in the mood for reading at the time..once read it may be a couple of years 'til they get read again..as I said depends on my mood..

I believe they do. Most came with the house so it's not usually a case of buying from choice, but that does give a very interesting potpourri should you want to dive in.

My husband on the other hand loves his reference books like the Wisdens. He enjoys drinking with his mates and boring them to death with facts like who hit a ball out of Bramall Lane during the 1933 South African tour?

I don't know by the way..:)

I believe they do. Most came with the house so it's not usually a case of buying from choice, but that does give a very interesting potpourri should you want to dive in.

My husband on the other hand loves his reference books like the Wisdens. He enjoys drinking with his mates and boring them to death with facts like who hit a ball out of Bramall Lane during the 1933 South African tour?

I don't know by the way..:)

The West Indies toured in 1933:) I have my own stock of Wisdens.

I guess that I have about 1000 or so books. Many read, some half read, some not read at all.

We have loads of books and I can guarantee that they've all been read..doesn't seem much point to me otherwise...

Well there is some debate as if you have read all these books why keep them.I can understand why someone would keep something they have not used but if something has been used why keep it?

The West Indies toured in 1933:) I have my own stock of Wisdens.

I guess that I have about 1000 or so books. Many read, some half read, some not read at all.

Do you have any brown hard backers.I have got 1953 and 1954,the latter being the winning of the Ashes by Hutton's men.

I don't have enough.

I love reading but I find it so difficult to find anything that makes me think 'ooh, I'll have to read that'. I'm looking for something at the minute...totally stuck :(.

My daughter on the other hand has shelves and tubs full which get rotated. Although she's grown out of most of them now so guess what's for Christmas..............

Archived