Multiple faulty Blackberry handsets within an Orange contract - Advice!

Hello everyone :D

Am really very annoyed today!!

Upgraded a handset to a Blackberry Curve 9320 about 3 months ago. The contract was for 24 months.

The handset kept switching itself off randomly....so on the 9th Oct, a replacement was sent.

The replacement handset, blackberry number 2 was duff right from the start - couldn't use the touch pad for owt!

Meanwhile, Orange changed it's policy from replacement to repair - in the space of 2 days, unlucky or what....

So had to take blackberry number 2 for repair daan local shop.

6 weeks later (ffs!)

I get a replacement - Blackberry number 3, because number 2 couldn't be repaired.....and the damn thing just has a life of it's own! happily took 46 photos by itself and then telling me memory is full and need to delete :rolleyes:.

So I no longer want a chuffin blackberry....

But after several conversations with about 10 people over the last 3 days at orange....all they can offer me is to try another repair.......

I want a different handset all together....blackberry can take a running jump!

Some grunt at orange is saying that that isn't possible and that if I want to break the 2 yr contract....it'll cost £340!

I'm tempted just to stop paying and let them come chase me if they want.

Anyone have any experience of this kind of thing?

Any lawyers with any advice?

Any consumer addresses or numbers worth ringing? :help:

Really very fed up :(

Love

as always

Sol :)

sale of goods act applies, goods have to be fit for purpose, tell them you want a new 1 or else trading standards will be involved, speak to manager and get their full name!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Don't think trading standards will be able to do anything, as the phone is supplied free of charge and not a purchased item. If its a problem with network and network related problems then trading standards might be able to get involved. The free phone is just a sweetener to get you to sign a contract with the mobile phone company, your contract is for use of airtime etc, if you sign a home landline contract do they supply you with a phone, the answer is no, you buy your own phone to use.

Archived