How much would you pay to see The Rolling Stones?

Nearly 50 years ago my grandfather went to see The Rolling Stones. He paid 3/6p for a ticket. I think that is about 18p. At the time the Stones were the biggest rock band in the world.

In July 1975 my father went to see the band. Ticket price was $10 which I think equated to about £4.00. They were still a top band but had fallen from top spot.

In 1999 I got to see them play at Don Valley. Ticket price was £150 and we got soaked. I wouldn't have missed it. (It was billed as their final tour)

Now the Stones have just started a short tour to celebrate 50 as a band. Folk are paying up to £8000 per ticket (if you can get one).

Just where does it end? What would you pay to see the Stones or any other top act for that matter?

...and does it matter if they play badly and mumble the words?

Does it matter how pitch perfect they are (in which case you could watch a decent tribute band) or do you really need to see the genuine article, even though they might not be very good anymore?

At least the Rolling Stones still have some genuine members....go and see some bands and there isn't an original amongst them.

...and does it matter if they play badly and mumble the words?

Does it matter how pitch perfect they are (in which case you could watch a decent tribute band) or do you really need to see the genuine article, even though they might not be very good anymore?

At least the Rolling Stones still have some genuine members....go and see some bands and there isn't an original amongst them.

Of course you can buy a print of a work of art and hang it on your wall and save yourself millions. You can buy your wife fake diamonds... but she'll know.;)

I was at the O2 and I paid £500 for tickets. The Stones are only one of two bands that I'd spend that amount of money on (Led Zeppelin being the other) and in my view they were well worth the money.

It'd be boring if we all liked the same stuff... :) Although I wouldn't have minded seeing Zep again..

I was at the O2 and I paid £500 for tickets. The Stones are only one of two bands that I'd spend that amount of money on (Led Zeppelin being the other) and in my view they were well worth the money.

For £500 you could have bought all their music,hi-fi outfit and had change for a few pints.Once these people pass 60 they become rather decrepit-it s like eating stale bread and drinking sour ale.

I hope £500 bought you a clutch and not a single ticket.

Archived