How much would you pay to see The Rolling Stones?

Nearly 50 years ago my grandfather went to see The Rolling Stones. He paid 3/6p for a ticket. I think that is about 18p. At the time the Stones were the biggest rock band in the world.

In July 1975 my father went to see the band. Ticket price was $10 which I think equated to about £4.00. They were still a top band but had fallen from top spot.

In 1999 I got to see them play at Don Valley. Ticket price was £150 and we got soaked. I wouldn't have missed it. (It was billed as their final tour)

Now the Stones have just started a short tour to celebrate 50 as a band. Folk are paying up to £8000 per ticket (if you can get one).

Just where does it end? What would you pay to see the Stones or any other top act for that matter?

Can't you do them for false advertising :hihi:, seriously never been a fan but never knocked those that love/like them.

I saw em at don valley around 1996-7?? think I payed around £30 then.they were ok,definatly past it even then,but played all the old stuff.

we ended up looking at a big screen all night so may as well have bought the dvd and stayed at home??

stadiums and arena's have killed the live music experience,In the last few years I've seen the killers,elbow,the police,arctic monkeys,kasibian to name a few.

all these events were ruined by crappy echoey arenas.

best concert in recent years was reverand and the makers,at both sheff O2 and leadmill,both small compact venues

I saw em at don valley around 1996-7?? think I payed around £30 then.they were ok,definatly past it even then,but played all the old stuff.

we ended up looking at a big screen all night so may as well have bought the dvd and stayed at home??

stadiums and arena's have killed the live music experience,In the last few years I've seen the killers,elbow,the police,arctic monkeys,kasibian to name a few.

all these events were ruined by crappy echoey arenas.

best concert in recent years was reverand and the makers,at both sheff O2 and leadmill,both small compact venues

I think the worst gig I've been to acoustics wise was Eric Clapton at the NEC..totally spoiled by the echoes and reverbrations created in the hall..most I've been to at Sheff. Arena have been OK sound wise..

Archived