Amazon and HDNL delivery

On Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon, I placed a few separate orders on Amazon (impulse buying xmas shopping). I have a free trial of Amazon Prime which I got when I bought something a couple of weeks ago, which gives free next day delivery on eligible items. All my items were eligible and guaranteed to arrive yesterday.

I got 4 different parcels at various times of day, delivered by DPD. Checked online tracking last night to see that 2 of them, in transit with HDNL, were still at Sheffield Depot where they had been since 6am. Never mind I thought, they'll come tomorrow - at least my Prime is a trial and I don't pay 49 quid a year for it!

Anyhow, just checked Amazon tracking again, and it tells me that my parcel was out for delivery last night at 11.08PM. It was delivered at 11.09PM. Thats all the detail I get there, so I went to HDNL site and got full detail, after being 'delivered' it was loaded onto van, and received into Sheffield depot again :hihi: and now is out for delivery.

What I'm guessing is that for these 'guaranteed' Amazon Prime items, they're pretending they delivered it on the day to keep Amazon happy - if it shows it was delivered, maybe they don't chase them up? I know they're always useless, but anyone else had experience of these fake 'next day' deliveries?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I experienced a fake delivery (wasn't next day), I kept checking the parcel status all day, "out for delivery" until late in the evening when it changed to show that delivery had been attempted at 1108 am (that morning), I was in all day, there was no attempted delivery and obviously no card left.

It's not the first time HDNL have messed me about, and I was pretty annoyed, so I emailed the CEO of amazon UK and HDNL. I got no response from HDNL, but amazon replied to say they would investigate and the parcel arrived by courier the next morning.

Ahhh see. "I can see the order in question was delivered yesterday" - No it was not, use the tracking number and look at HDNL site. "I cannot do that, I can only view what we have here. I will contact the carrier but ask you to wait 3 days for a response" :hihi: useless!

They use a few different ones I think, everything I got yesterday came via DPD, regular email and text updates and an hour delivery window, they seem very good! HDNL however, have always been pretty pants no matter where I ordered from, but they seem to be the most commonly used still!

Well, rang HDNL myself to see whats going on - apparently it was definitely delivered yesterday, to me. However, the reason it says 'Delivered to Sheffield depot' and I haven't signed for it is PROBABLY because the drivers signing pad thingy needed charging and he couldn't use it until he got back to the depot, where he would have registered all packages as delivered! :hihi: How is that for an excuse?

I then rang Amazon to chase it up and complain a bit, and they agreed it was a poor excuse and "it sounds like the delivery driver was a bit lazy and wanted to get home" - and as far as the tracking is saying, the package is at the depot, it does not state delivered to customer or show any sort of signature, and so the responsibility is with HDNL to deliver within 2 days or Amazon will resend the package. They extended my Amazon Prime trial for another month as well :)

Well, rang HDNL myself to see whats going on - apparently it was definitely delivered yesterday, to me. However, the reason it says 'Delivered to Sheffield depot' and I haven't signed for it is PROBABLY because the drivers signing pad thingy needed charging and he couldn't use it until he got back to the depot, where he would have registered all packages as delivered! :hihi: How is that for an excuse?

I then rang Amazon to chase it up and complain a bit, and they agreed it was a poor excuse and "it sounds like the delivery driver was a bit lazy and wanted to get home" - and as far as the tracking is saying, the package is at the depot, it does not state delivered to customer or show any sort of signature, and so the responsibility is with HDNL to deliver within 2 days or Amazon will resend the package. They extended my Amazon Prime trial for another month as well :)

Got to say 9/10 its not the driver's fault as this time of year their is just to much to deliver. HDNL are to blame as they should get more drivers in over the Christmas period

Well they swear it was delivered yesterday and the excuse of the hand held signature thing not working is the worst I've ever heard :hihi: I know I definitely didn't even leave the house once yesterday, and Amazon are happy with that as they can see I took various deliveries from them at various times of day from 8am to 6pm - HDNL have just made a **** up somewhere. The fact it says delivered, at Sheffield depot at 11pm should be enough for them to see I haven't got it, fair enough the driver probably ran out of time with his workload, but then it should be back on the van for delivery today, not them telling me I already have it and making up excuses!

Archived