Amazon and HDNL delivery

Well they swear it was delivered yesterday and the excuse of the hand held signature thing not working is the worst I've ever heard :hihi: I know I definitely didn't even leave the house once yesterday, and Amazon are happy with that as they can see I took various deliveries from them at various times of day from 8am to 6pm - HDNL have just made a **** up somewhere. The fact it says delivered, at Sheffield depot at 11pm should be enough for them to see I haven't got it, fair enough the driver probably ran out of time with his workload, but then it should be back on the van for delivery today, not them telling me I already have it and making up excuses!

I'm guessing they didn't leave a card through your letterbox to say that they tried to deliver?

I'm guessing they didn't leave a card through your letterbox to say that they tried to deliver?

No, they didn't come at all, I haven't left the house in days, about to give birth housebound at the minute :hihi:

No change on the tracking for today, its still at Sheffield Depot

On the HDNL/Yodel tracking page, they've even removed the 'delivered' bit now, but no change on Amazon

Description Location Date Time

Parcel out for delivery Sheffield van 26th Nov 2012 23:08

Parcel received at local service centre Sheffield service centre 26th Nov 2012 06:17

In transit to local service centre Hatfield 25th Nov 2012 19:42

In transit to local service centre Hatfield 25th Nov 2012 19:38

Amazon just shows

Tracking Information:

SHIP CARRIER HDNL

LATEST EVENT: Sheffield Depot

Delivered - 26 November 2012 23:09:21

Had a reply from the CEO today :)

Dear Lindsay,

Thank you for your patience as we investigated the issues surrounding your recent late deliveries.

Firstly, I am pleased to hear that you received most of your orders from DPD and hope you enjoy the purchases, and I assure you that our Transportation Department is aware of your issue and will strive to improve the Guaranteed Delivery service.

Unfortunately, HDNL confirmed that your order # 204-8532077-2344312 cannot be located. HDNL are investigating the tracking inaccuracies internally, and I regret that this situation has caused you to reconsider the value of your Prime membership. I see that your Prime trial was extended by one month, and I hope this gives you the opportunity to use the service more, over the holiday period.

We realise this incident reflects negatively upon Amazon.co.uk and the feedback you've provided will be used in reviewing the service provided by HDNL.

I placed a new order # 204-7233622-79275 for the same items to be sent to the same delivery address:

Sheffield, South Yorkshire

United Kingdom

As your original order was placed using our One Day Delivery method, I've upgraded your replacement to Express to make sure you get it as soon as possible, at no extra charge to you.

Your replacement order is scheduled for dispatch on 29 November for delivery by 13:00 on 30 November.

Isn't that nice :hihi:

I've been getting all my Amazon deliveries via Amazon locker. It does mean I have to go out and fetch it, but at least I can do that at my leisure.

I'm ok waiting in at the moment as I can hardly bloody walk :( Theres usually someone in anyway, and postie likes to leave stuff in the bin when there isn't :hihi:

I've been getting all my Amazon deliveries via Amazon locker. It does mean I have to go out and fetch it, but at least I can do that at my leisure.

I just used this for the first time today and it was incredibly easy! Picked up my packages on my way home from work tonight and didnt even have to go out of my way as I pass by the moor on the way home!

Will be using again!

Archived