Women drivers, buy your insurance before Dec 21st!

As the title suggests, any women drivers who's insurance renewal is due soon you may be better renewing early to avoid big increases.

From Dec 21st, new rulings mean no discrimination between sexes for car insurance, this means us blokes will get it cheaper while women's will increase.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/money/city/4618412/Women-face-huge-rise-in-insurance-premiums.html

Insurance companies really are odious.

In the past week we have had the wanting to load motorists insurance for taking a Speed Awareness Course, increase women's premiums due to spurious gender discrimination legislation and now they want to load mountain dwellers insurance using flooding as a excuse.

There must be room in the market for an ethical alternative.

It was very silly and naive of anyone to think that the ruling by the european courts that insurance companies could no longer charge different based on gender would mean that they would lower male premiums.

Car insurance companies have the UK driver by the preverbial nutsack. It's legally required but left in the hands of private companies who seemingly have no real regulator to stop them from being extortionate with their pricing.

Personally I believe that since it's legally required it should be under state control, any 'overspill' cash goes into the coffers. Make it so it includes your VED.

As the title suggests, any women drivers who's insurance renewal is due soon you may be better renewing early to avoid big increases.

From Dec 21st, new rulings mean no discrimination between sexes for car insurance, this means us blokes will get it cheaper while women's will increase.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/money/city/4618412/Women-face-huge-rise-in-insurance-premiums.html

Yes and pigs might fly.

The only thing thats going to happen is women will pay the same as men for insurance. SO we all get ripped off in an equal way.

In the past week we have had the wanting to load motorists insurance for taking a Speed Awareness Course, increase women's premiums due to spurious gender discrimination legislation and now they want to load mountain dwellers insurance using flooding as a excuse.

On the flip side I have really cheap car insurance because I haven't made a claim or done any speeding or driven through flooded areas or took stupid risks in the snow when the media say "stay at home, roads are treacherous".

I shall report back in May when my renewal comes through. :)

Archived