Will the next generation attend church

yeah think your wright the church will always be with us but for the things we always think of weddings funerals etc

When did people get buried in church-you are going back a bit there?Perhaps they will become part of a franchise for the public's convenience,such as Dead and Buried,Marriage for the Moral Majority

I know about a dozen people who regularly attend church. I am not religious but I have to say that I find all the Christians who do to be honest, hard working, down to earth and reliable.

I agree, the few Christian people I know who are regular god botherers, are utter diamonds, wouldn't swap them for anybody.

How do you know they are more frequently started by atheists?

I can usually tell by the comments in the first post.Not that i mind though,me being a contemplative thinker an all that,i'm interested in other peoples views.

Not only that i imagine most people are more open on a forum about the subject then they would normally be.

Yeh ya also get atheists who like to say it's on theists to prove it but it's not, it's on atheists, their the one rejecting God...im not a theist myself though, I don't go with any of em as theist just believe there is one, they don't really know as in positive there is

Yes okay.

Actually out of curiosity i've been looking at the figures,and it seems the numbers are rising again.

I think it depends on the church you attend and the area you live in.I'm not a regular church goer myself but i occasionally like to attend and the ones i do go to are well attended,thats the Cof E church quite near,and the RC church a little further away.Both churches are certainly not just full of oldies either,they are smaller in numbers then other age groups.

Newspaper article (not proof though)the last Cof E count was in 2010

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/8970031/The-return-to-religion.html

Do google (1-Corinthians-13)................just to see how you measure up!

1 Corinthians 13

New International Version (NIV)

13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

What the hell does that have to do with the thread? :suspect:

Archived