Will other countries be sending money to our flood victims ?

More pointless replying to a thread just to make a rude comment.:roll:

You've done that many a time- pot,kettle etc.

Anyway, in answer to the OP, it's unnecessary for all the reasons people have already given. If you feel strongly, go and buy a flood victim a new carpet.

Better track down an uninsured flood victim though, other wise it's a rather empty gesture.

You've done that many a time- pot,kettle etc.

Anyway, in answer to the OP, it's unnecessary for all the reasons people have already given. If you feel strongly, go and buy a flood victim a new carpet.

Better track down an uninsured flood victim though, other wise it's a rather empty gesture.

Stop following my posts around just to make trouble .stalker!

So do I, but one wonders doesnt one ?:roll:

No, not really. Do you have any comment regarding the point Callippo made (see below) which casts your OP into rather an inappropriate light.

more people get killed here in the Philippines, real dead, as a result of floods in in the average week, as occurs in the UK over about 10 years. Only you never hear about it on Newsnight, because it happens so frequently, it isn't news.

only when there is a big mega disaster, which only happens about two or three years, and hundreds of people are killed, will you get any notion of it.

UK people just don't realise that just by being born there, they have already won the lottery of life. No earthquakes, typhoons, tropical diseases, droughts, floods, volcanoes you name it you lucky gits don't get it. And that's before you factor in that's it's one of the richest countries in the world with all the benefits of health provision, educational facilities and social amenities that brings.

so stop whining. It bothers me like a mosquito bothers me (oh wait, you don't get those there either).

Why should it cast my OP into an inappropriate light ? I still hold my original opinion, as Im sure Callippo does with his.

So that would be no comment then would it? Do you not feel the situation as presented by Callippo raises some questions about the appropriateness of your OP and makes it seem, at the very least, uncharitable?

Why should it cast my OP into an inappropriate light ? I still hold my original opinion, as Im sure Callippo does with his.

Your original post poses a question.

It does not express an opinion.

The question is pretty ill thought out too.

Archived