Will other countries be sending money to our flood victims ?

Here's a start if you want us to stop giving.

e-petition

Stop UK Aid To Argentina

Responsible department: Department for International Development

BRITISH taxpayers have helped to fund £452million in aid to Argentina — despite its threat to the Falklands.

Hit Argentina where it hurts – in the wallet

Despite the Falklands sabre-rattling, British aid to Buenos Aires continues to flow.

e-petition

Stop UK Aid To Argentina

BRITISH taxpayers have helped to fund £452million in aid to Argentina — despite its threat to the Falklands.

Despite the Falklands sabre-rattling, British aid to Buenos Aires continues to flow.

Perhaps the aid given will assuage the locals,and play down the tensions following the Falklands.I cannot see why they claim them-they must be about 200 miles offshore!

e-petition

Stop UK Aid To Argentina

How much money has the UK pledged to give to Argentina?

Nothing as far as I'm aware. The EU gave them some and they took a loan out from the IMF to which we pay into. But there's no direct aid unless I've missed something.

I think it’s more to with the UK voting to give it to them, instead of voting not to give it to them, so British tax payers are indirectly giving money to Argentina.

Barack Obama’s administration certainly isn’t in favour of such action. It has started voting against loans to Argentina from international financial institutions, and is looking for allies in its tough stance. Britain should be first in line.

The other factor is that when you get multiple warnings well beforehand that a bloody great hurricane is headed up the Gulf of Mexico right to your doorstep you'd better take heed and scarper, not look out the window the day before and say 'Nah! cant be. Nice clear blue sky. Those weather guys have got it all wrong"

there's just been Typhoon Pablo here, very similar to what you describe a lot of people couldn't believe it was about to happen, because it had been blazing sunshine for weeks before.

we were on one island, I saw the weather forecast and realised that if we didn't act fast, the ferries would be cancelled and we could be stranded for days.

this involved some element of risk as according to the forecast and then it involved driving the bike into an area likelier to be closer to the storm, but getting on a ferry, sailing for 12 hours onto another island, and then straight over the mountain of that, to relative safety.

some German idiot at the resort we at simply didn't believe that it was going to happen. He just didn't believe it when I told him he'd better get his fat Teutonic ass out of there like us on the 2nd if he had any hope of getting his plane out from a different island on the 7th. I know for a fact he's stranded now and going to miss his plane. WE only just got the ferry away at midnight on the 2nd. Next day, everything was cancelled and nobody was going anywhere. They might start again tomorrow, too late for him.

the good news is that unlike last year's Tropical Storm (not even a typhoon) Sendong in the same area, which killed 1,500 people, it looks like only about 50 people have been killed by Pablo.

UK people don't know how lucky they are with the weather and the climate, it claims the lives of almost nobody.

Archived