Lets affect EVERYONE - it`s easier.

mart

Not dissimilar to the principle of raising the price of alcohol for EVERYBODY so that the health of the alcoholics can be improved :loopy: the powers that be are now wanting to increase parking charges for EVERYBODY, so lazy people will walk & cycle instead of driving. That will work won`t it.:rolleyes: The clue to the problem is in the four letter word-lazy. One of many examples of the people in charge NOT being in charge, and as usual-taking the path of least resistance.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/health/parking-charges-should-be-increased-to-encourage-more-people-to-walk-8363417.html

tax is the only answer to every form of social engineering by any government. Its a win win to them, if it fails they have reaped all the lovely money, if it works they get what they wanted and in the time it takes to come into effect, more money!!

I'm still grumpy about the carparking charges to use A&E last night

How the heck else are you supposed to get from Woodhouse to Northern General? :mad:

From a social perspective, there should be a shuttle bus from town to service such a ludicrously out of town facility

NHS direct tried to tell me there's an A&E in town btw - yeah, the children's hospital - I think I'd struggle to get treatment there :suspect:

This has been done with Insurance before.I remember years ago when the holiday companies started going bust and stranding people.I always payed extra for insurance but the government put an extra 2% on the cost of every holiday to pay for those who couldn't be bothered.I remember it quickly faltered because no-one got insured at all in the end.

So in a 126 page report on how to encourage people to increase the amount of exercise they take there's one paragraph that mentions the possibility of increased parking charges:

3.38 One way of encouraging people to walk or cycle, as a form of transport, might be to apply greater levels of restraint on car usage in urban areas. This could be achieved, for instance, by introducing restricted parking and higher parking charges. However, there is a need to consider how this would impact on car owners living in areas where the environment is not conducive to walking or cycling, or where there is little real alternative to driving.

Even that qualifies it by saying that it may not be appropriate and everyone immediately focuses on that rather than the rest of the report. :loopy:

This has been done with Insurance before.I remember years ago when the holiday companies started going bust and stranding people.I always payed extra for insurance but the government put an extra 2% on the cost of every holiday to pay for those who couldn't be bothered.I remember it quickly faltered because no-one got insured at all in the end.

Isn't this what the ATOL scheme does now?

I'm still grumpy about the carparking charges to use A&E last night

How the heck else are you supposed to get from Woodhouse to Northern General? :mad:

From a social perspective, there should be a shuttle bus from town to service such a ludicrously out of town facility

NHS direct tried to tell me there's an A&E in town btw - yeah, the children's hospital - I think I'd struggle to get treatment there :suspect:

Leave 16:41 Woodhouse, Cross Street/Tannery Street, 37020349 Service Number 52

Provider Stagecoach Sheffield

YTR

Route Woodhouse - Hillsborough See details for journey leg #0

Arrive17:11 Burngreave, Savile Street/Tesco, 37026715

Walk

(2m) Leave17:11 Burngreave, Savile Street/Tesco, 37026715 See details for journey leg #1

Arrive 17:13 Kelham Island, Wicker/Wicker Arches, 37022809 Walk in a westerly direction along A6109 After 100yds, continue into A6135 After 100yds arrive at Kelham Island, Wicker/Wicker Arches, 37022809 [stop]

Bus

(12m) Leave17:22 Kelham Island, Wicker/Wicker Arches, 37022809 Service Number 98

Provider First South Yorkshire Ltd

FSY

Route Totley Brook - Sheffield - Ecclesfield (Circle) See details for journey leg #2

Arrive 17:34 Norwood, Norwood Road/Northern General Hospital, 37023332

Leave 16:41 Woodhouse, Cross Street/Tannery Street, 37020349 Service Number 52

Provider Stagecoach Sheffield

YTR

Route Woodhouse - Hillsborough See details for journey leg #0

Arrive17:11 Burngreave, Savile Street/Tesco, 37026715

Walk

(2m) Leave17:11 Burngreave, Savile Street/Tesco, 37026715 See details for journey leg #1

Arrive 17:13 Kelham Island, Wicker/Wicker Arches, 37022809 Walk in a westerly direction along A6109 After 100yds, continue into A6135 After 100yds arrive at Kelham Island, Wicker/Wicker Arches, 37022809 [stop]

Bus

(12m) Leave17:22 Kelham Island, Wicker/Wicker Arches, 37022809 Service Number 98

Provider First South Yorkshire Ltd

FSY

Route Totley Brook - Sheffield - Ecclesfield (Circle) See details for journey leg #2

Arrive 17:34 Norwood, Norwood Road/Northern General Hospital, 37023332

.....and how much time have YOU just spent, just so you can try to prove Strix wrong-what is the point? What if he was in pain, bleeding and it was late last night when he needed to travel. Sure he would have felt like doing what you are suggesting :loopy:

.....and how much time have YOU just spent, just so you can try to prove Strix wrong-what is the point? What if he was in pain, bleeding and it was late last night when he needed to travel. Sure he would have felt like doing what you are suggesting :loopy:

She.

I hope everyone attending A and E are in pain or bleeding otherwise they didn't ought to be there.

Do think moving A and E to NGH was a huge error - the Hallamshire was much better situated (mind you would have then be an even more accessible place for the weekend drunks to stagger into I guess).

Archived