Venus and the moon tonight.

I didn't go out to look as i was watching the utd game.

Tomorrows offering is at 16.52, mag -3.5, let's hope for clear skies.

Btw, you are in Sheffield aren't you ? as it does make a difference.

Yes I'm in S6. I'll look out for tomorrow's. Thanks.

16.58, to the South. ;)

Scratch that, for some reason i've muddled the dates, the 16.58 one was yesterday. :loopy:

---------- Post added 02-12-2012 at 17:24 ----------

Here's a photo I took of the moon at the end of October from my Garden

http://www.use.com/1b48009224e6b137b434

Its my first attempt at taking a moon photo so I'm pretty pleased with the results - I could do with a proper tripod and a remote shutter to get rid of any camera shake

That's pretty good for a first attempt.

There was one at 16.52.

the next evening one is on the 7th at 18.26 but it's only -0.9, still visible but nothing spectacular. There are ones early morning, all around 05.50 if you're an early bird.

The next really decent one is on the 8th at 18.20, mag -6.9 so should be quite spectacular.

Apologies again for the mix up, and if you'd like to check the times yourself just go to Heavens Above and click on the Iridium link. You really should sign up, then you can input your location for accurate times.

There was one at 16.52.

the next evening one is on the 7th at 18.26 but it's only -0.9, still visible but nothing spectacular. There are ones early morning, all around 05.50 if you're an early bird.

The next really decent one is on the 8th at 18.20, mag -6.9 so should be quite spectacular.

Apologies again for the mix up, and if you'd like to check the times yourself just go to Heavens Above and click on the Iridium link. You really should sign up, then you can input your location for accurate times.

Thanks for that, we're early risers so may catch the one tomorrow.

16.58, to the South. ;)

Scratch that, for some reason i've muddled the dates, the 16.58 one was yesterday. :loopy:

---------- Post added 02-12-2012 at 17:24 ----------

That's pretty good for a first attempt.

Yeah it could be sharper, but I had to improvise a a tripod using a kids slide and a box of sandwhich bags!

There was one at 16.52.

The next night time one i have is iridium 920 at -6 at 17:47:49 NE.

If you have an Iphone you can downloaod an app called Iflares and it shows you exactlty where it is going to appear.Maybe you can for other smart phones too.

Archived