Advise needed for my leaking car

Hi there (and apologies if this is the wrong forum to post this!)

Been having an absolute mare with this recent rain flooding the inside of my car. Got a '99 Mk2 Clio, which has suffered from flooding before. I do know Clios are notorious for this problem but after searching every thread there is on the internet, I haven't been able to reslove it by myself. Had the sunroof resealed last year, which sorted it. But now I'm back to square 1. Front and rear driver & passenger footwells are an inch deep. The water is entering the car through the top of the A-pilar on the passenger side and pouring down.

Does any have any suggestions as to how I can fix this myself, or know anybody who can help? I'm at the end of my tether with this damn car and if the water freezes inside when the cold weather comes, it's going to the scrappy!

I've heard there's some kind of drainage channels in the sunroof opening that become blocked so as water inevitably enters around the sunroof it can't drain away so enters the car. We had a Clio with the same problem and only heard this after we got rid of the car so I never had chance to check it out. Might be worth looking if you can see anything that might look like a drainage hole/channel and trying to unblock it by poking wire or something down. Other than sealing the outside joints with some kind of heavy duty duct tape the only solution may be to get rid!

I've heard there's some kind of drainage channels in the sunroof opening that become blocked so as water inevitably enters around the sunroof it can't drain away so enters the car. We had a Clio with the same problem and only heard this after we got rid of the car so I never had chance to check it out. Might be worth looking if you can see anything that might look like a drainage hole/channel and trying to unblock it by poking wire or something down. Other than sealing the outside joints with some kind of heavy duty duct tape the only solution may be to get rid!

Yeah I know about these drainage channels. There's one at each side of the front of the sunroof and the tubes run right the way down to the front wheel arches. I've poured water down them both and it disappears. Only one side emerges at the wheel arch, the other straight into the car!

No idea how to get to the actual tubes though without ripping the interior ceiling out.

Think I might just weld an umbrella to it

Archived