Advise needed for my leaking car

look under bonnet near bulkhead there might be a rubber tube open up the bottom they sometime block with leaves /muck ect. this can cause water to flood into you footwells .

Found that lastnight mate. There was a right load of crud in there (as well as a plastic valve covering the bottom?). Cleared it out best I could and water started dripping out! However when I got up for work this morning the footwells were once again flooded!

Found that lastnight mate. There was a right load of crud in there (as well as a plastic valve covering the bottom?). Cleared it out best I could and water started dripping out! However when I got up for work this morning the footwells were once again flooded!

I think that's the heater/cabin intake drain channel, it got blocked on my Vauxhall.

Is the windscreen seal ok?

The weather's drying up now so you'll have to do tests with hosepipe or watering can.

I think that's the heater/cabin intake drain channel, it got blocked on my Vauxhall.

Is the windscreen seal ok?

The weather's drying up now so you'll have to do tests with hosepipe or watering can.

I've done a hosepipe over the windscreen and all the water drains out in all the right places. Problem stems from the passenger side drain tube of the sunroof. It's either punctured/split somewhere or it's not attached to the drain hole in the sun roof (despite me taking the car into a garage last week and they said they'd reattached it). I just can't see how they accessed the tube to reattach it!

Yeah I know about these drainage channels. There's one at each side of the front of the sunroof and the tubes run right the way down to the front wheel arches. I've poured water down them both and it disappears. Only one side emerges at the wheel arch, the other straight into the car!

I've just watched a youtube video about the Clio Mk2 drain channels and he says that the tubes actually drain into the bulkhead, which in turn drains inside the wheel-arch. As well as the centre drain pipe, he removes the plastic bulkhead panels to investigate common blockages.

Here's some photos of top of drain tube.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=renault+clio+sunroof+drain+tubes&hl=en&tbo=d&rlz=1C1GGGE_enGB439GB439&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=_iy3UIfyI-Sc0QXDiYGIBw&ved=0CAQQ_AUoAA&biw=1280&bih=610

Archived