Rotherham by election predictions

BNP voters are not renowned for tactical voting, or even understanding the concept, and their previous candidate is standing. If either respect or ukip are going to win it will be on low labour turnout.

A possibility, but an outside one.

BNP voters are the reason why we use a cross or mark to denote their choice-anything else would be too complex.

I predict Labour will win with a majority of 5000+ over the fruitcakes of UKIP / Respect.

You heard it here first!;)

---------- Post added 30-11-2012 at 07:34 ----------

The Asian vote deserted Labour in Bradford West and an Asian councillor was deliberately kept off the Labour shortlist for Rotherham. Respect are working hard there. I'd expect Labour to win with a much smaller majority and UKIP and Respect to do well but I wouldn't be surprised if either UKIP or Respect won.

:hihi: Duh!!!

Remarkable. You should have your tail between your legs and be feeling very humble and grateful to the electorate after your thief of an MP caused the by-election with his fraud.

Scotland Yard is to take the first step towards bringing criminal charges against Denis MacShane, the former Labour minister who used fake invoices to claim £12,000 in expenses.

:hihi: Duh!!!

It's good that Labour Party Stalinism is alive and well chez wednesday1.

My full sentence was "I'd expect Labour to win with a much smaller majority and UKIP and Respect to do well but I wouldn't be surprised if either UKIP or Respect won." You managed to ignore the bit where I predicted the correct result. Labour won with a much smaller majority. I predicted the correct result unlike the Labour Party in Bradford West. Duh!!!

I hadn't forecast UKIP or Respect to win, just that I wouldn't be surprised if one of them did after Bradford West and the recent adoption row in Rotherham. I was surprised UKIP didn't do better there and cut the majority more but Labour's share of the vote is still down on 2005.

What do you think of your MP, Mr Clegg, and your People's Leader, Mr Miliband, getting all chummy together over Leveson? The BBC is reporting "Labour leader Ed Miliband has joined Mr Clegg in supporting a new press law." See http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20551634. Can you keep your breakfast down?

Archived