The Mossbrook, Eckington

GrahamY

I had the mixed grille (11.95)a few weeks ago,I am not a greedy person but the portion was tiny on the plus side it tasted ok.went to the De Rhodes at Barlboroughhad the carvery (3.70)well worth it......

Used to go to the de rhodes but it has gone down the nick big time so now go to the toby carvery at dronfield and absolutley blinds it !

We used to go regular, theres a good selection of beers, wines and ciders.

The food was ok, it was always hot and the steaks were nice cuts however the portion sizes were small and the food is expensive compared to other places in the area - sitwell hotel, dusty miller, de rhodes, pebley - majority of these serve home cooked food, larger portions for a lower cost.

The bottom line is its over priced for what you get

We`ve never had a bad meal at the MossBrook yet.

I've never had a good one there yet. How strange!:huh:

I wouldn't waste money on food in such places tbh. There are so many absolutely brilliant pubs that serve really good food within a short drive of Eckington that it seems a waste to stop off there for 'average' fare.

The only thing to commend it is that, if you find yourself in Eckington and fancy a drink, it's the only pub in that village where you aren't likely to get your head kicked in.

I wouldn't waste money on food in such places tbh. There are so many absolutely brilliant pubs that serve really good food within a short drive of Eckington that it seems a waste to stop off there for 'average' fare.

The only thing to commend it is that, if you find yourself in Eckington and fancy a drink, it's the only pub in that village where you aren't likely to get your head kicked in.

Ah thank god for different opinions or we would all be eating at the same place and it would be rammed !

Been a few times to Mossbrook over the years and the food has always been fine.

Work at Barlborough at the minute, so might have to try the De Rhodes.

don`t, anywhere that does all you can eat for less than £4.00 isn`t going to be good, and it wasn`t the last time we were forced to go by well meaning friends

---------- Post added 09-12-2012 at 21:57 ----------

we`ll make an exception for you!

Archived