5% of British MSMs have HIV.

You have posted some information, but you haven't attempted to open a discussion about it, or supply details of where the information was sourced. If you want this thread to continue, please offer an opinion to get the debate started.

Thankyou

Must be a reference to this story

Highest-ever HIV diagnoses in gay men

The number of gay and bisexual men being diagnosed with HIV in the UK reached an "all-time high" in 2011, according to the Health Protection Agency (HPA).

It said there had been a "worrying" trend since 2007, with more and more new cases each year.

Nearly half of the 6,280 people diagnosed last year were men who had sex with other men (MSM).

Overall, one in 20 MSM are infected with HIV.

I'm wondering if HIV/AIDS has kind of fallen "off the radar" as it it were and younger generations of men who grew up after the big AIDS scare of the mid-80s/early 90s aren't being quite as careful as they should?

I'm wondering if HIV/AIDS has kind of fallen "off the radar" as it it were and younger generations of men who grew up after the big AIDS scare of the mid-80s/early 90s aren't being quite as careful as they should?

I think there could be some truth in this

It could also be a reaction against all the publicity and scare stories

If you are told something is likely to happen to you, but over a few years it doesn't, maybe you become more complacent, take fewer precautions and maybe even more risks

You have posted some information, but you haven't attempted to open a discussion about it, or supply details of where the information was sourced. If you want this thread to continue, please offer an opinion to get the debate started.

Thankyou

OK. I don't think it is good.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-20526380

he number of gay and bisexual men being diagnosed with HIV in the UK reached an "all-time high" in 2011, according to the Health Protection Agency (HPA).

It said there had been a "worrying" trend since 2007, with more and more new cases each year.

Nearly half of the 6,280 people diagnosed last year were men who had sex with other men (MSM).

Overall, one in 20 MSM are infected with HIV.

Archived