New boiler fitted, what temp do we need?

One other point. Is the boiler temperature on the boiler turned up enough? If not, the system will struggle to keep your large room up to the temp you want. In any event there is a mininimum temp required (60c) to prevent legionnaires disease in the (domestic) hot water. Mainly applies to water cyclinders which you don`t have with a combi, but still "some" risk.

I once remember I used to work in a temperature controlled environment doing measurement and calibration. It was set to 68 Deg F...which in new money is 20 deg C. I always found that comfortable to work in, and as the measurements I was taking were very precise, it didn't cause too much expansion of metals. So I'd say 21 deg C (as another poster said) would be comfortably warm. But don't have it in the hall. In the lounge is best (where you mostly are)...even if it means other rooms get a bit too warm. You can always turn down the rads in the bedroom and such...I personally like my bedroom pretty cold, cos it's nicer when you're in bed.

Thanks PM, never thought about turning the rads down in other rooms...:)

Archived