What toy did you always want, but never got?

I also wanted a Tiny Tears but what I wanted more than anything (but never got) was a Spirograph :-(

I had a Sindy (but no wardrobe) but I really wanted a Tressie - a bizarre Barbie wannabee who had a button in her stomach which when you pressed it you could pull her ponytail and it grew longer (ooerr missus)

The 70s Spirograph was fantastic. I had the one at the beginning of this video, which we bought from a jumble sale, as I recall. I would have sold my granny for that Super Spirograph.

I had the seventies Sindy too, before she went all pink and tacky. Sindy's horse, Sindy's swimming pool (which was about the size of Sindy herself, so it was more Sindy's jacuzzi) , Sindy's shower, Sindy's toilet, Sindy's sofa... Most of that lot was second-hand too. God bless the posh bits of seventies Sheffield and their over-privileged kids.

Tressy had a winding handle thing on her back and a bloody big hole in the top of her head from which you could pull out her hair. Most disturbing.

I always wanted a Mr Frosty. It was a bit rubbish, though, in retrospect.

One of those JPS petrol powered toy racing cars you could drive that you used to see in those old Embassy cigarettes catalogues. I think you needed 5000 points/vouchers to get one! Splutter

yeah your parents would have needed to smoke themselves to death for that :o:D

Do you think if you post that on enough threads someone will buy you one:hihi:

I want

and the location of the place you intend to fly your helicopter when you eventually get it:hihi:

Oooooh, I say! ... do you think G/F Santa'll be able to get one of them from Maplin's? I want one of them too! :o:love:

Archived