What toy did you always want, but never got?

In the absence of a real horse, I desperately wanted a rocking-horse, but no joy. Wasn't a fan of dolls, I liked to cut their hair, give them operations, and I left one face down in the bath until her eyes rotted and fell in her head (that was a mistake mind you)

In the absence of a real horse, I desperately wanted a rocking-horse, but no joy. Wasn't a fan of dolls, I liked to cut their hair, give them operations, and I left one face down in the bath until her eyes rotted and fell in her head (that was a mistake mind you)

You sound like

from Toy Story. :D

You sound like
from Toy Story. :D

Oh it was all harmless fun really. I had a doll that cried, and she annoyed me, so I surgically removed her voicebox and kept it on the side. With others I was just curious about how their legs would look coming out of their arm sockets and vice versa.

oh you got me thinking now hecate

I remember that house too, was amazin....what they did with margarine tubs, washing up liquid bottles, match boxes and sticky back plastic was unbelievable

they made a swimming pool for it too as I rememeber :love: (it was made out of one of those large round kraft margarine tubs if I remember correctly....bloomin genious )

I've found a picture of the shoebox Sindy bed, set in its upturned cardboard box house and accompanied by a table made of matchboxes :D . I remember now that you lifted the shoebox lid with its foam mattress and inside you could store Sindy's pillows and blankets. Fantastic. Are kids still pleased with such simple stuff these days, I wonder?

I remember sending off a SAE to Blue Peter for the instructions, now I come to think of it, and I'm sure we had a crack at making this too.

... apart from me ... who's only wish is to own a remote controlled helicopter with on-board camera. :)

ME!, and I'm halfway there already!

I'm building a quadcopter bit by bit, and it's going to be a monster when it's done, only a few more bit's and pieces to acquire and no doubt a s***load of headaches and heartache but it will be done.

Archived