UKIP, BNP & RESPECT all get more votes than coalition combined in Rotherham

UKIP, BNP & RESPECT all get more votes than coalition combined in Rotherham!

The Lib Dems came SEVENTH in Rotherham, behind the English Democrats. The Tories were fifth. Ouch.

Sarah Champion (Lab) 9,866 (46.25%, +1.62%)

Jane Collins (UKIP) 4,648 (21.79%, +15.87%)

Marlene Guest (BNP) 1,804 (8.46%, -1.96%)

Yvonne Ridley (Respect) 1,778 (8.34%)

Simon Wilson (Cons) 1,157 (5.42%, -11.32%)

David Wildgoose (Eng Dem) 703 (3.30%)

Simon Copley (Ind) 582 (2.73%, -3.58%)

Michael Beckett (Lib Dems) 451 (2.11%, -13.87%)

Ralph Dyson (TUSC) 261 (1.22%)

Paul Dickson (Ind) 51 (0.24%)

Clint Bristow (ND) 29 (0.14%)

http://labourlist.org/2012/11/croydon-middlesbrough-rotherham-by-election-liveblog/

The combined vote of the Lib Dems and Conservatives was 1208 (7.53%).

The Tories only just managed to keep their deposit! (by about 100 votes out of the 1157 they received)

Neither the Tories or the Liberals have been in power in Rotherham. What have Labour done for the town in all the time they've been in power? Kept people poor and reliant on benefits? No different to Liverpool, Glasgow or any other Labour stronghold.

Surely the reliance on benefits is a consequence of national government policy,or do you expect Rotherham to go for UDI?

once again...you pin the tail on a pig..... Do Rvrum Labour voters vote with their eyes closed

And if you pin a blue rosette on a donkey down sarf or even in SW Sheffield it will win. I really don't see what point you're trying to make.

And if you pin a blue rosette on a donkey down sarf or even in SW Sheffield it will win. I really don't see what point you're trying to make.

I thought there were no Tory councillors or MPs in any part of Sheffield. As for down sarf, Labour won Croydon North last night. I really don't see what point you're trying to make.

Archived