UKIP, BNP & RESPECT all get more votes than coalition combined in Rotherham

This is very funny, like a knife in the side of all Tory posters on here that would have us believe their continuous attempts to claim SF for their own mean thatb there is strong Tory support in Sheffield, and who try to portray South Yorkshire as being a place where there is a strong undercurrent of Tory support just waiting to burst into life. Guys, you ain't living in the real world.

---------- Post added 30-11-2012 at 08:19 ----------

Maybe you need to remember the systematic destruction of regional towns/cities and industries that Tory policy has played a big part in bringing about.

None of us should be against economic restructuring because we need to move with the times, but economic dismantling with nothing to replace the previous industries has hit the regions very, very hard. A cornerstone of Tory economic policy for decades now.

The Tories are back in power. Isn't this their chance to prove to the voters of places like Rotherham that they care and can make their life better? So tell me what have the Tories done this time? What have they done that makes people in the regions more likely to vote for them? Shouldn't take too much thought because they've done nowt.

Why would they try to make life better for those that don't vote for them,

What did labour do that made life better for their voters whilst they were in power, can't be that much as they were voted out.

....because the coalition has done sooo much for them :rolleyes:

By that logic, Rotherham should have been buzzing and dynamic after 13 years of Labour government (1997-2010).

Surely the reliance on benefits is a consequence of national government policy

It always is. :rolleyes:

Which specific policies perchance?

The areas aren't affluent because they're Tory, sir, they're Tory because they're affluent

But why are those areas affluent? Why is Hallam affluent?

It's certainly not because of government policies, government intervention or government subsidies.

Hallam has been affluent for centuries. You're not suggesting that every single government during that period perpetuated the affluence of the area via their policies?

The 2001 Census showed Hallam to have the highest number of people classified as professionals of any of the UK constituencies.

Maybe it's good, old fashioned hard work rather than anything "the gubbermint" did that's responsible?

But no, I must be wrong. It's "the gubbermint". If only "the gubbermint" would provide everything on a plate, then we could be prosperous again.

We can squabble all we want; okay people vote Tory, people vote Labour no need to say that people live in slums as a result; by the same token can't say people live in nice areas as they vote Tory.

Money people vote Tory as they know they will be looked after, but at the end of the day they all pee in the same pot, they are all lying gits.

I've never nor ever would vote Tory, but I will admit that some of the things they are trying to do I do agree with. New Labour are a disgrace they have abandoned all their principles to be like 10 bob Tories, I have always voted Labour 36 years but very disillusioned with them.

Lib Dems are just a joke, and will cling to anyone who will give them a bit of authority, lets face it they only never formed a government with Labour because of Gordon Brown.

Had they another leader at that time, they'd have got in with a coalition & not Davey boy.

We can squabble all we want; okay people vote Tory, people vote Labour no need to say that people live in slums as a result; by the same token can't say people live in nice areas as they vote Tory.

Money people vote Tory as they know they will be looked after, but at the end of the day they all pee in the same pot, they are all lying gits.

I've never nor ever would vote Tory, but I will admit that some of the things they are trying to do I do agree with. New Labour are a disgrace they have abandoned all their principles to be like 10 bob Tories, I have always voted Labour 36 years but very disillusioned with them.

Lib Dems are just a joke, and will cling to anyone who will give them a bit of authority, lets face it they only never formed a government with Labour because of Gordon Brown.

Had they another leader at that time, they'd have got in with a coalition & not Davey boy.

You know what..you'd better sit down..I think I agree with you...they're all as bad as each other when it comes down to it..

Of all the things you've could have said about the subject, you had to say something as pathethic as that.

I followed your many examples. If you sling around accusations, you should expect some comeback.

And BTW, I could find out if I was that bothered.

You are that bothered, or do you just accuse me when you can't actually respond without looking a bit daft... the latter, obviously ;)

Archived