Zero alcohol limit whilst driving, what do you think!

Definitely zero alcohol....just the one drink makes people think they are invincible and the bestest driver ever.

I agree, It's like if you light a cig up in a pub your barred, you know if have one drink and your then banned from driving, I'm saying people will get used to the law. If you said to someone years ago, one day they will stop smoking in pubs ect, people would have said no way it'll never happen, it has! and some people don't like it but have got used to it. Light a cig up your barred, have a drink your banned, easy.

ridiculous because there are trace amounts present when you haven't had a drink. It would probably also mean you couldn't take medicines before driving. No alcoholic drinks before driving would be a good idea whatever that alcohol level would be but not a zero limit.

I’m in favour of a zero tolerance, but set at a trace level to allow any natural occurrence if that can happen. (Presumably there are experts that can set a definitive level. But the trace level must be below what could occur with a single drink.

I don’t think that the level should be set in any way that lets medicines off the hook. If the medicine contains alcohol in enough of a quantity to cause a problem, then they shouldn’t be driving whilst they are taking the medicine. This should apply to all medicines, not just those containing alcohol. If a medicine causes drowsiness, or a side effect may impair driving ability in some other way, then the bottle should include a clear “do not drive” instruction. Also, whoever prescribes or sells the medicine should be required to instruct the recipient not to drive. Ideally, I would like to see stronger enforcement, ie temporary withdrawal of licence, inform insurance Co etc, but i can’t see that happening, as the logistics may be a problem.

Archived