Zero alcohol limit whilst driving, what do you think!

Yes, the vast bulk of crashes happen with the driver(s) involved at below the legal limit.

I think you missed the word 'causes'.

---------- Post added 03-12-2012 at 10:45 ----------

Heck, the power of the written word to give the wrong meaning!

I wasn't suggesting that it is safer ... I was answering the question that had been asked with some (mischievous) literal-ness. Drivers manage to crash anyway without alcohol. Alcohol consumption just makes the crash more likely - any alcohol from a bottle or glass. The actual set limit is almost arbitrary in that below it is not "safe", nor does it become magically unsafe at and above the limit.

The French and others have a lower limit AND have a "throw away the key" mentality to DD.

Is it statistically true that any alcohol increases the risk of an accident?

---------- Post added 03-12-2012 at 10:47 ----------

There is no excuse for DD, there are plenty of ways to get home after having a good drink, buses, taxi's, ringing a member of the family ect, surely these ways are safer, cheaper, and you still have your license which is an ordeal obtaining, by that I mean I knew a person who took several test to pass, then later in the same year got banned for DD, I know before anyone says the obvious, well he got his license back didn't he! The point I'm making is I would think to myself if I was in his position, my license took some getting and I'm not going to risk losing it over the choice of having a few drinks and I'm certainly not going to take a chance of killing someone with my car which hence turns into a lethal weapon.

Does that mean that when I have a pint of shandy with lunch, I shouldn't then drive for the rest of the day?

I find it hard to believe that it affects my driving ability at all.

Archived