What's the LEAST appreciated Christmas present you ever had?

My wife told me about some anti wrinkle cream in boots which was supposed to be good so I went and bought her a box of 48 jars for christmas, I kid you not she was not best pleased and took the lot back to the shop.

Ungratefull bitch.

My wife told me about some anti wrinkle cream in boots which was supposed to be good so I went and bought her a box of 48 jars for christmas, I kid you not she was not best pleased and took the lot back to the shop.

Ungratefull bitch.

You just cant please some people can you.:(

My other half bought me an ironing board for MOTHERS DAY from the kids! I didn't speak to him for days after and every time i thought about it i got palpatations as i was so angry.

I dont think ive ever bought my missus a household item,but i did once buy her a stuffed kestrel for her birthday,that had a similar response.

Ungratefull bitch.

Talking of which. That was another danger area I identified. My OH wanted some olay face cream...have you seen the number of variations they do? Jees..it's frightening. Most of them say something like...'anti ageing'...and all sorts of phrases to do with getting old...I wasn't gonna fall for that...."So you think I look an old hag and need this stuff?"...Nope...I chickened out and bought some perfume instead!

---------- Post added 30-11-2012 at 14:42 ----------

I dont think ive ever bought my missus a household item,but i did once buy her a stuffed kestrel for her birthday,that had a similar response.

I'll bet it did! :hihi::hihi:...it wasn't a family pet was it?...that would have been worse! :hihi::hihi:

My other half bought me an ironing board for MOTHERS DAY from the kids! I didn't speak to him for days after and every time i thought about it i got palpatations as i was so angry.

My Dad buys my Mum mothers day presents from MY kids! On top of what I buy her of course, but doesn't get me anything from them!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Talking of which. That was another danger area I identified. My OH wanted some olay face cream...have you seen the number of variations they do? Jees..it's frightening. Most of them say something like...'anti ageing'...and all sorts of phrases to do with getting old...I wasn't gonna fall for that...."So you think I look an old hag and need this stuff?"...Nope...I chickened out and bought some perfume instead!

---------- Post added 30-11-2012 at 14:42 ----------

I'll bet it did! :hihi::hihi:...it wasn't a family pet was it?...that would have been worse! :hihi::hihi:

What do you take me for:hihi: no it was from an antique shop[i liked it]

Last Christmas, I was fully expecting to get a remote controlled helicopter (with on-board camera) from my girlfriend. Little did I know that they hadn't been invented yet.

Imagine my 'Kindle surprise' and abject misery when it turned out to be nothing more than a state of the art e-book! No way would it fly, or take photographs of next-door neighbour's budgie's beakular expression in a violent mid-air collision, however hard I tried! :mad:

I hope G/F remedies this, this coming festive season ... or else there may be trouble!

I hardly ever use the Kindle (apart from three hours a day) ... it's got to be the worst Christmas present ever! (and, dear reader, I've caught Maryshelleyitis from it, in a fashion of the most inhospitable manner! Perchance I may recover from this most indeterminable affliction in the due course of time ... happenstance being weighed on the side of the accursed)

Oh, and a tip for you blokes out there...never...don't ever... buy a deep fat fryer for your missus....or you're likely to end up wearing it!.

I made that mistake ONCE! :)

I have never bought the wife anything for the home (appliances) for Christmas, I like my testicles where they are (cue the funny remarks)

---------- Post added 30-11-2012 at 14:48 ----------

Who else is wishing that Alcoblog gets his wish for Christmas, and gets a nice remote controlled helicopter lol.

Archived