What's the LEAST appreciated Christmas present you ever had?

I was once given a "Hammy The Hamster: Along The Riverbank Annual", printed on the cover were the words "Suitable for ages 4-6" in large friendly letters.

I was 17 at the time.

My gran was always so self assured, confident and knowledgeable ... not to mention an intimidating harridan ... probably where I get it from, until she gave me that, suddenly she became a frail old woman who needed looking after, though she would never admit to being old, despite referring to my mum as an old woman totally ignoring that this was her daughter.

Sadly missed the pair of them.

---------- Post added 30-11-2012 at 15:13 ----------

GIRLFRIEND ALERT! ... GIRLFRIEND ALERT! ... sod the helicopter, I want one of these!
they are selling these at ASDA ?!! :o

http://direct.asda.com/Parrot-AR.Drone-2.0-Phone-App-cessory/008720846,default,pd.html

£280 and a penny change

I was once given a "Hammy The Hamster: Along The Riverbank Annual", printed on the cover were the words "Suitable for ages 4-6" in large friendly letters.

I was 17 at the time.

My gran was always so self assured, confident and knowledgeable ... not to mention an intimidating harridan ... probably where I get it from, until she gave me that, suddenly she became a frail old woman who needed looking after, though she would never admit to being old, despite referring to my mum as an old woman totally ignoring that this was her daughter.

Sadly missed the pair of them.

£280 and a penny change

Love the "I was 17 at the time"....classic! :hihi:

---------- Post added 30-11-2012 at 15:36 ----------

GIRLFRIEND ALERT! ... GIRLFRIEND ALERT! ... sod the helicopter, I want one of these!

they are selling these at ASDA ?!! :o

http://direct.asda.com/Parrot-AR.Drone-2.0-Phone-App-cessory/008720846,default,pd.html

£280 and a penny change

But sadly not at Parson Cross!! :shocked:

according to the ad, you can "click and collect in any Asda store for free"

It has the following caveats

Our Click & Collect service is FREE to a store of your choice and it's now a faster service! If you order before 5pm you'll be able to collect your order the following day after 5pm from the store of your choice. *

* Please note that this service is not available for remote regions and next day collection is not available on Sunday.

Not all products are available for this service, for example we cannot provide this service for large heavy products or products delivered directly from our suppliers. We show a click and collect logo on the product page to identify that this service is available.

When you go to your basket you can opt for Click and Collect and at this stage you can type in your post code to select a convenient store for collection.

As soon as the store receives your order we will send you a text message or email to tell you that it's available for collection. Your order will be held in store for 14 days, after this time it will be returned to our depot and you will be refunded. If you would like us to hold your order for another 7 days please contact the store you selected or call our contact centre 0800 952 3003.

You will need to bring along the payment card that you used when you placed your order and your order confirmation details which shows your Click and Collect order number. This is for proof of purchase confirmation.

Or they will deliver to your door for free, there's a small extra charge if you want next day/named day or named day with a time slot.

So unless they moved Parsons Cross to the Outer Hebrides I reckon you should be able to pick it up there

My then partner 'bought' me one of those situations where they donate money to a worthy cause, and you get a pic and info about the person or animal you've helped. I was helping a lovely looking sweet old granny in India which was fine. However a couple of weeks later I got a letter saying she was taken, or over-subscribed or something, and in her stead I got a butt ugly, snaggled toothed old bloke, who appeared to be wearing a nappy. I was well fed-up.

A long time ago, my Dad brought my Mum one of those granny-shopping-trolley's, tartan fabric with a pull along handle. She was furious. It sat unused in the garage for 30 yrs untill one of my children had the frame to use to pull the french horn to school.

My Dad was delighted that it came in useful eventually.

Archived