When you can't take time off but feel drained, how do you cope?

TJC1

Question: when you feel drained, and you know you need time off yet you can't do this for Business, employment reasons, how do you cope?

Anyone else push themselves hard and have high levels of stress, manifesting itself with physical symptoms?

I'm talking constant headaches, sore neck, unable to focus, tiredness, almost depression like feelings even though you are'nt depressed?

How do you deal with it when you can't take time off / holiday?? is there a coping or managing mechanism you use to get through the period?

Question: when you feel drained, and you know you need time off yet you can't do this for Business, employment reasons, how do you cope?

Anyone else push themselves hard and have high levels of stress, manifesting itself with physical symptoms?

I'm talking constant headaches, sore neck, unable to focus, tiredness, almost depression like feelings even though you are'nt depressed?

How do you deal with it when you can't take time off / holiday?? is there a coping or managing mechanism you use to get through the period?

I just of my children being at home when I get there...

If you are not getting enough time off you may be in the wrong job.Everyone needs time for relaxation, hobbies and healthy excercise.Most of us have experienced periods of overwork but you can only go on so long pushing yourself,sooner or later the pressure is bound to have ill effects taking a toll on your mind and body,as well as affecting your work performance.

Sleep is the most important requirement,and if you arn't getting enough of that you could perhaps try meditation excercises.

Don't hesitate to visit your GP either if you feel so unwell.

I agree with janie48 - there are too many people putting up with intolerable situations at work, or using anti depressants to cope with situations that shouldn't be happening. Nevertheless that doesn't help you with your current predicament.

Paradoxically I find exercise as a great stimulant and it also helps me relax and sleep better. Exercise doesn't have to onerous, a swim or a brisk walk is sometimes what is needed to to help you stop feeling sluggish: It may be hard to motivate yourself to do it when you're knackered, but it usually perks me up.

That's pretty much me, and even when I wasn't working I was like this... purely from looking for work....

I'm not sure how old you are, but if I were you I'd make myself take a break, as is said further on if you're like this now; it's only going to get worse. Is it possible to look for another job, or try a change of work pattern, trust me if you don't, you'll be heading for a heart attack.

You don't expand on why you cannot take time off, or holiday you can; I think you'll find they will get on just as well without you (even if you're the boss).

Archived