When you can't take time off but feel drained, how do you cope?

TJC1

People need to develop a bit of backbone.

If you have no money and you need money, believe me you will work.

These liberal idiots in their ivory towers don't have a clue. Oh I have a cold, phone in sick and have a few days off, thats whats got this country into the mess its in.

When I left school, any lad who exhibited that kind of "loser mentality" got a swift clip round the ear from the foreman.

It's stress related though. It's not a cold or a made up illness.

If you don't know what stress is and how it effects productivity, assuming you can read, look it up and learn something.

Well theres plenty of stress at the job centre.

Too many people expect others to stump up cash on there behalf.

Cyclone, this isn't the public sector, tribunerals don't really exsist in our world. Its only the cosy public sector that have this

---------- Post added 03-12-2012 at 12:38 ----------

An example of the sicknote culture in the public sector?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2242002/The-junior-civil-servants-WEEKS-sick-year-Rate-doubled-just-years.html

How would I deal with this? first send the foreman in to administer clips around the ear for the skivers, if that doesn't work, then the sack.

Rules of the workplace should be

1) the boss is always right.

2) If you think the boss is wrong, then refer to rule number one

Question: when you feel drained, and you know you need time off yet you can't do this for Business, employment reasons, how do you cope?

Anyone else push themselves hard and have high levels of stress, manifesting itself with physical symptoms?

I'm talking constant headaches, sore neck, unable to focus, tiredness, almost depression like feelings even though you are'nt depressed?

How do you deal with it when you can't take time off / holiday?? is there a coping or managing mechanism you use to get through the period?

Sorry to hear about this bad spell your experiencing. I had a couple of bad months a year or so ago and suffered some of the same symptoms. All I can say is try eating a high in nutrient diet. Cut out the crap and sugar and the ETOH if you drink, try and identify an activity which helps you decompress. Maybe a sport, a scenic spot, maybe just sitting in your car listening to classical music. Just try and escape from your worries for 45 minutes every day. (I turned up my Chopin really loud). When I was anxious I was having terrible trouble sleeping. I asked for Ativan from my doctor, he wouldn't give me any, so I switched doctor's. That helped me sleep and get over the hump. I know people are often wary about UK GP's. Blood work doesn't lie. You could have a complete chemistry panel done as a rule out. I did. Most likely your just totally run down, knackered, but being that way is playing havoc with your immune system. If your immune system isn't nurtured, you could run into real physical problems. It takes a while to restore yourself when you're wrung out. 3 months it took me to feel half way decent. I bought some expensive vitimins and a juicer, I really think it helped. :P got into being 'all healthy' and motivated, which was hard to do.

Sorry you're feeling down. Sucks.

Well theres plenty of stress at the job centre.

Too many people expect others to stump up cash on there behalf.

Cyclone, this isn't the public sector, tribunerals don't really exsist in our world. Its only the cosy public sector that have this

---------- Post added 03-12-2012 at 12:38 ----------

An example of the sicknote culture in the public sector?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2242002/The-junior-civil-servants-WEEKS-sick-year-Rate-doubled-just-years.html

How would I deal with this? first send the foreman in to administer clips around the ear for the skivers, if that doesn't work, then the sack.

Rules of the workplace should be

1) the boss is always right.

2) If you think the boss is wrong, then refer to rule number one

They do really exist. I can only give anecdotal evidence, but First Group have a history of sacking drivers without good grounds and also a history of having to pay compensation and reinstate them after loosing at tribunal.

Sorry to hear about this bad spell your experiencing. I had a couple of bad months a year or so ago and suffered some of the same symptoms. All I can say is try eating a high in nutrient diet. Cut out the crap and sugar and the ETOH if you drink, try and identify an activity which helps you decompress. Maybe a sport, a scenic spot, maybe just sitting in your car listening to classical music. Just try and escape from your worries for 45 minutes every day. (I turned up my Chopin really loud). When I was anxious I was having terrible trouble sleeping. I asked for Ativan from my doctor, he wouldn't give me any, so I switched doctor's. That helped me sleep and get over the hump. I know people are often wary about UK GP's. Blood work doesn't lie. You could have a complete chemistry panel done as a rule out. I did. Most likely your just totally run down, knackered, but being that way is playing havoc with your immune system. If your immune system isn't nurtured, you could run into real physical problems. It takes a while to restore yourself when you're wrung out. 3 months it took me to feel half way decent. I bought some expensive vitimins and a juicer, I really think it helped. :P got into being 'all healthy' and motivated, which was hard to do.

Sorry you're feeling down. Sucks.

Good advice mate, I'm going down the vitamins route, cut out processed junk, sugar and caffeine. Started eating a load of fruit and veg too. I have cut down booze but will stop compleyely for a few weeks and limit at Xmas.

I'll take your advice and get bloodwork done, thanks.

They do really exist. I can only give anecdotal evidence, but First Group have a history of sacking drivers without good grounds and also a history of having to pay compensation and reinstate them after loosing at tribunal.

First are a major group, pretty much funded by taxpayer money.

I'm talking about jobs that have been created by entrepeneurs, risk takers. These people are not going to put up with people phoning in sick all the time

We aren't talking about people "phoning in sick all the time". But anyway, the law applies equally to most companies (very small companies are exempt from some of it) and there are procedures that need to be followed to sack someone if you don't want any comeback.

Some people need to get a bit of the old backbone and a bit of the good old british stiff upper lip.

So Einstein, when someone is self employed and need to take time of due to stress, the self employed takes a few weeks out.

Great idea, until one considers the following problem, when one is not working, one is not earning and ones bills and mortgage need paying. HOw does one cope when one is suddenly financially in trouble?

Yes, one has had a bit of time out, but one now is finacially in trouble due to one not earning any money

Then one should have thought about that before taking on a huge mortgage shouldn't one.

No one is immune from illness,it can happen to anyone,having a few savings set aside for such emergencies that may arise is a wise precaution,as it might be just a temporary loss of income. People manage to cope because they have to.

You would expect a self-employed person to be more prepared then anyone for such an outcome.

Whats with the "Einstein" sarcasm? no need for that.

Archived