Recently joined to broadband company, but want to leave due to poor service

I joined my new ISP and went live on Monday and I have had non stop issues with the internet such as the internet cutting off every 5 mins, wifi not working if not in the same room as router also been waiting for a new router was due to arrive yesterday from the ISP but it still hasn't arrived. I want out now!!

How do I go about this guys? Im sure there is a cooling off period but I dont know much about it. Please Help Guys.

Regards.

Most internet connections take several days to settle down and that should have been stated at the time. Give it a few more days to see if it improves and if it doesn't then contact your ISP. Also try to see what speed your router says it's running at. Sometime the ISP can set your line rate too high for your phone line and as a result it becomes unstable.

Your wi-fi has nothing to do with the internet connection at all. Try changing the channel on your router to see if there is something interfering with it.

I am still waiting for my router after 29 days, I rang last Saturday and they said they would ring Wednesday to see if it had arrived not me called yet. Well I tell a lie I have had 3 calls and when searched the number it was them only thing is they were silent calls and went off after I answered. Will be ringing again tomorrow. Although unlike the OP my bb has been ok touch wood.

I know two people who are with Origin and they haven't had too many problems.

Because the router and WiFi access point are separate items I would say the problem lays with the Wifi and not the broadband.

Have you worked with Origin to change the WiFi channel in case it's getting interference? There could even be a problem with the access point so they might be able to switch it out and get you a new one.

I'm with origin and had a lot of problems getting set up initially however once these were all resolved I've had nothing but good things to say about them. I used to be with sky and had lots of problems with the Internet cutting out and the router being rubbish however I've haven't had any issues with origin. Speak to their customer service, they will work with you to sort out the problems your having and you will be much happier.

Archived