Fatty food should be sold in brandless plain packaging..

It should also show pictures of heart attack victims and fat people that can't walk properly. All the windows to McDonald's et all, should be blackened out, so you can't see the helpless addicts inside, filling their cake hole with deep fried delights!

Fatty foods should also be given a minimum price per Kal. This will help the poorer fat people by pricing them out of the market, forcing them to indulge in a lifestyle od salad and water! That'll teach them!

In my experience the vast majority of people that eat in McDonalds aren't fat people that can't walk properly or helpless addicts filling their cake hole with deep fried delights.

Yes, but a small minority are fat people that can't walk properly that are helpless addicts filling their cake holes with deep fried delights.

These poor people are the ones that need protecting from certain death by FAT! Maybe they will have a miraculous change of heart if their burger has a picture of a clogged artery on it.

Most fat people are poor, because they spend ALL their money on food. Therefore, a minimum price per Kal, would surely force them into starvation and make them lead a healthy lifestyle. Maybe they will start running and other sports?!

Yes, but a small minority are fat people that can't walk properly that are helpless addicts filling their cake holes with deep fried delights.

These poor people are the ones that need protecting from certain death by FAT! Maybe they will have a miraculous change of heart if their burger has a picture of a clogged artery on it.

Most fat people are poor, because they spend ALL their money on food. Therefore, a minimum price per Kal, would surely force them into starvation and make them lead a healthy lifestyle. Maybe they will start running and other sports?!

I do sort of understand where you're coming from on this, kind of cruel to be kind. I had open heart surgery and my arteries were between 96 & 98% clogged, I had a McDonald's once in a blue moon.

I drunk and ate things people consider bad for them, I still have a burger now & again at home (barbecue), everything in moderation I'm 4+ stones lighter.

But also what didn't help my arteries when they clogged up, I was a smoker I was between 20-40 a day now stopped 7 years. I'm not saying smoking was the route of all my troubles, but by the same token you just cannot blame fatty food.

That said there were people in having surgery that never smoked and lived the lives of a monk, everyone is different and things affect us all differently.

I will admit I don't like to see really fat people that just waddle, or need a mobility scooter as too fat to walk, just as a side note I saw this morning that Australia has introduced plain packaging on fags now see link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20559585

Is this thread a little protest because you have been stopped from indulging in your disgusting habit of smoking ?

Looking at your signature it looks as if you are being a tad hypocritical.

Unsure if you mean me or Bonzo in your post (but suspect the latter), I was just setting out what happened to me and personal experience.

I didn't start the thread, I'm pointing out that not only fatty foods clog your arteries.

Is this thread a little protest because you have been stopped from indulging in your disgusting habit of smoking ?

Looking at your signature it looks as if you are being a tad hypocritical.

I haven't been stopped in my habit of smoking. I can light up whenever I want, which is about 2 maybe 3 times a day.

Unsure if you mean me or Bonzo in your post (but suspect the latter), I was just setting out what happened to me and personal experience.

I didn't start the thread, I'm pointing out that not only fatty foods clog your arteries.

No i meant bozzo, it seems to me his idea of graphic images of heart disease on fatty food packaging is a reaction to the measures imposed on his/her smoking addiction.

Education and perhaps more strict control over food production is probably a way forward, but to just copy the smoking legislation seems like a childish response.

Where would it end, car adverts depicting mangled bodies with a warning 'cars can kill' ?

---------- Post added 01-12-2012 at 11:16 ----------

[/color]

I haven't been stopped in my habit of smoking. I can light up whenever I want, which is about 2 maybe 3 times a day.

True you can, but have the graphic images, packaging and price stopped you smoking ?

Archived