Fatty food should be sold in brandless plain packaging..

Most fat people are poor, because they spend ALL their money on food. Therefore, a minimum price per Kal, would surely force them into starvation and make them lead a healthy lifestyle.

Not eating (starvation) reduces energy levels, making it less likely that they will get any exercise.

Tell me, what colour is the sky in your world?

There are lots of “shoulds” in life. (Lots of the “shoulds” appear in threads on SF on a regular basis) The “overweights”, “the smokers”, the couch potatoes” the “heavy drinkers”. That is just the health section. If anyone does not know of the issues that the aforementioned lifestyle choices cause, then there is not a lot one can do. Unless, you are talking to the young naïve people, save your breath. There is plenty of information out there. Abuse one’s body and increase the chance of an earlier grave.

Disclaimer: Looking after one’s health is no guarantee of living a long life.

Just because you eat fatty food does not means you will be fat or die young, likewise just because you lead an apparent healthy lifestyle and eat healthily does not mean you will lead a long life.

It your genetically programmed to die in your 20s, then theres very little you can do about it. Yet, again another example of a young athlete who has died at the very young age of 27

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitchell_Cole

Please don't encourage the creation of more non jobs, this time for the "fat police" as they bore us all to death with lectures about healthy eating and exercise. If they have there way, we will all be taxed to pay there wages , plus many of us will probably commit suicide anyway as a means if saving ourselves from their boring lectures.

No i meant bozzo, it seems to me his idea of graphic images of heart disease on fatty food packaging is a reaction to the measures imposed on his/her smoking addiction.

Education and perhaps more strict control over food production is probably a way forward, but to just copy the smoking legislation seems like a childish response.

Where would it end, car adverts depicting mangled bodies with a warning 'cars can kill' ?

---------- Post added 01-12-2012 at 11:16 ----------

[/color]

True you can, but have the graphic images, packaging and price stopped you smoking ?

Both smoking and fatty foods cause early death. What's good for one is surely good for the other? I think you have a good point (bold), the same idea should be applied to smoking.

---------- Post added 01-12-2012 at 13:46 ----------

Not eating (starvation) reduces energy levels, making it less likely that they will get any exercise.

Tell me, what colour is the sky in your world?

Depends what time of day it is, and what time of year it is. I'd take a wild guess that it's pretty similar to the colour of the sky in your world!

We use to have fish and chips three times a week back ....., only healthy thing about that was the newspaper would soak up most of the grease before you got home, then they got fancy and started putting that grease proof paper in between that just held the grease ...yum :love:

I haven't been stopped in my habit of smoking. I can light up whenever I want, which is about 2 maybe 3 times a day.

That's cheered me up. You always claimed that you didn't smoke. But knowing that you might be one of those poor lost souls looking through the windows at the warm folk in the pub has really warmed the cockles of my heart. I predict a long cold wet winter.

Yes, but a small minority are fat people that can't walk properly that are helpless addicts filling their cake holes with deep fried delights.

These poor people are the ones that need protecting from certain death by FAT! Maybe they will have a miraculous change of heart if their burger has a picture of a clogged artery on it.

Most fat people are poor, because they spend ALL their money on food. Therefore, a minimum price per Kal, would surely force them into starvation and make them lead a healthy lifestyle. Maybe they will start running and other sports?!

It’s not their fat that’s the problem it’s their fitness, fit obese people have a better life expectancy that thin inactive people.

Experts agree on one thing, however much your body weighs you'll live longer if you move it around a more.

It’s not their fat that’s the problem it’s their fitness, fit obese people have a better life expectancy that thin inactive people.

Experts agree on one thing, however much your body weighs you'll live longer if you move it around a more.

I remember a documentary from a while back that made this point exactly but I can't, for the life of me, remember what it was called. In particular I recall one chubby chap who was a highly accomplished marathon runner and was considered to be extremely fit.

I remember a documentary from a while back that made this point exactly but I can't, for the life of me, remember what it was called. In particular I recall one chubby chap who was a highly accomplished marathon runner and was considered to be extremely fit.

I’ve seen a view programs like it over the years, people tend to forget we evolved with the ability to store fat to help us through times of food scarcity, but we didn’t evolve to sit on our arses all day and only exercise our fingers.

And before you say anything I’ve already walked 10 miles today and shall take the dog out for another 5 later.:)

Archived