Fatty food should be sold in brandless plain packaging..

no but an increasing number are...

But it isn't the fault of MacDonald’s or the food industry; it’s the fault of the person for being too inactive, which may in part be due to school cutbacks in sporting activities, it all starts with kids, they need to spend more time running around and playing sports and less time sat on their arses.

In my experience the vast majority of people that eat in McDonalds aren't fat people that can't walk properly or helpless addicts filling their cake hole with deep fried delights.

Yes the fat ones usually rely on a home delivery from a skip truck.

---------- Post added 01-12-2012 at 20:09 ----------

I love fast food including MacDonald’s, I’m over weight but I walk at least 70 miles a week and swim 6 miles.

I agree, also alcohol should be consumed in moderation or not at all in my case.

You are not that bloke in a wig who collects for cancer research?I did nt realise you swam as well!

Yes the fat ones usually rely on a home delivery from a skip truck.

---------- Post added 01-12-2012 at 20:09 ----------

You are not that bloke in a wig who collects for cancer research?I did nt realise you swam as well!

John Burkill? You have to admire that man, he's about 73 and walks miles in all weathers. I saw him on Friday in Hillsborough, it was cold but he was only wearing shorts and a tshirt (and his trademark wig of course).

To get back on topic, I believe it comes down to education. The majority of people know that eating lots of fatty food and having little exercise makes you fat and unhealthy. Its their choice, but I do think it does impact on others. A morbidly obese person's family and close friends will be concerned and upset if their health is affected, or it ultimately results in early death.

I think I am quite healthy, I exercise quite a lot, I do eat fatty foods and chocolate sometimes, but I manage to burn it all off. I am nearing 30 and want to stay healthy for as long as possible.

John Burkill? You have to admire that man, he's about 73 and walks miles in all weathers. I saw him on Friday in Hillsborough, it was cold but he was only wearing shorts and a tshirt (and his trademark wig of course).

To get back on topic, I believe it comes down to education. The majority of people know that eating lots of fatty food and having little exercise makes you fat and unhealthy. Its their choice, but I do think it does impact on others. A morbidly obese person's family and close friends will be concerned and upset if their health is affected, or it ultimately results in early death.

I think I am quite healthy, I exercise quite a lot, I do eat fatty foods and chocolate sometimes, but I manage to burn it all off. I am nearing 30 and want to stay healthy for as long as possible.

I am sorry but I am not J.Burkill,although I do walk round with a pram when shopping.I am glad you place your faith in education but it is clear you are not a teacher.If you were a little more scepticism might be evident.Were you thinking of public education films with Barry Endfeild as Chummy Warmer?

Archived