Should we have a common sense law

Who would decide what was common sense and what wasn't, a jury of SF'ers?
it could be you/a manager if it happens in the workplace/ in fact anyone who can see common sense in a given situation.

---------- Post added 01-12-2012 at 09:35 ----------

heres an example my wife works in a office and they ran out of milk.they are allowed 1 4 pint bottle a day between everyone in the office about 12 people, shock horror they ran out and a bloke (it would have to be a bloke)complained. the head of hr sent everone in the office a email warning people not to take more milk than they are allowed btw not all of them take milk in their drinks and that the milk is only allowed to be used for hot drinks and cant be used for cereals etc. this has now caused the people who dont take the milk in their hot drinks but do on their cereals to complain. heres where common sense comes in take some money out of petty cash and buy another bottle job sorted. there must be thousands of situations out there which could be settled due to common sense applying.

it could be you/a manager if it happens in the workplace/ in fact anyone who can see common sense in a given situation.

heres an example my wife works in a office and they ran out of milk.they are allowed 1 4 pint bottle a day between everyone in the office about 12 people, shock horror they ran out and a bloke (it would have to be a bloke)complained. the head of hr sent everone in the office a email warning people not to take more milk than they are allowed btw not all of them take milk in their drinks and that the milk is only allowed to be used for hot drinks and cant be used for cereals etc. this has now caused the people who dont take the milk in their hot drinks but do on their cereals to complain. heres where common sense comes in take some money out of petty cash and buy another bottle job sorted. there must be thousands of situations out there which could be settled due to common sense applying.

Is there's a law stopping people putting more than 4 pints of milk in a fridge per day whilst at work?

How was the law involved?

What's wrong with people bringing in their own milk for cereals? There is a similar rule where i work, milk for hot drinks are provided, but it shouldn't be used for cereals, so people bring their own milk in for cereals. Is this not common sense?

I think he was suggesting that those who don't have milk in their hot drinks feel that they should still have an allocation of milk...

That's daft though, because it's probably a perk provided by the employer where they agreed to supply milk for refreshments. Some people raised a similar argument where I work, so juice was provided for those that don't drink hot drinks, and people provided their own milk for cereals.

Archived