Should we have a common sense law

it could be you/a manager if it happens in the workplace/ in fact anyone who can see common sense in a given situation.

---------- Post added 01-12-2012 at 09:35 ----------

heres an example my wife works in a office and they ran out of milk.they are allowed 1 4 pint bottle a day between everyone in the office about 12 people, shock horror they ran out and a bloke (it would have to be a bloke)complained. the head of hr sent everone in the office a email warning people not to take more milk than they are allowed btw not all of them take milk in their drinks and that the milk is only allowed to be used for hot drinks and cant be used for cereals etc. this has now caused the people who dont take the milk in their hot drinks but do on their cereals to complain. heres where common sense comes in take some money out of petty cash and buy another bottle job sorted. there must be thousands of situations out there which could be settled due to common sense applying.

The cereal brigade had no right to complain as they were never allowed to use it in the first place. Simple answer "jog on".

The problem lies with people feeling entitled and assuming rights, all pathetic, can you imagine an office in the 1950's having such arguments? Men who were war vetarans whining like little girls to the management about milk! Unbelievable.

No we shouldn't introduce a common sense law in this country, people who lack common sense are a constance of humour to me, they brighten up my day and should be encouraged.

Got to agree on that one, we all do summat daft sometimes, some more than others I'll admit we've gone OTT on H&S and stuff, but common sense long may it be misused.:hihi:

How was the law involved?
ok in this case the law didnt come into it. maybe the thread title was a little too strong and it should have read should common sense prevail.

---------- Post added 01-12-2012 at 10:41 ----------

That's daft though, because it's probably a perk provided by the employer where they agreed to supply milk for refreshments. Some people raised a similar argument where I work, so juice was provided for those that don't drink hot drinks, and people provided their own milk for cereals.
i see your employers used common sense to provide a alternative to those who didnt drink hot drinks :hihi:

i see your employers used common sense to provide a alternative to those who didnt drink hot drinks :hihi:

And the employees also used common sense when they realised that their employers were not under any obligation to provide milk for cereals.

Archived