Are UKIP the new Tory party of the North?

Are UKIP the new Tory party of the north?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Are UKIP the new Tory party of the north?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

In post #76, I said but I accept the entitlement of anyone to hold views differing from mine. Again: that's democracy.

So surely you do, too?

We're still awaiting your reply!

I agree with UKIP on this one. I condemn his views. Holding views is one thing but expressing them when they're so repugnant especially by a candidate in an election is unacceptable. I'm glad UKIP support me on this one. I'll have to have a word with Lord Ashcroft's researchers.

I agree with UKIP on this one. I condemn his views. Holding views is one thing but expressing them when they're so repugnant especially by a candidate in an election is unacceptable. I'm glad UKIP support me on this one. I'll have to have a word with Lord Ashcroft's researchers.

But he also said this so the bit you quoted wasn't his views.

"All of these examples, real and imagined, were mentioned in focus groups by UKIP voters and considerers to make the point that the mainstream political parties are so in thrall to the prevailing culture of political correctness that they have ceased to represent the silent majority."

By being liberty-supporters, neither left- nor right- wing.

I'm sorry, but you're going to have to out a bit more flesh on the bones. Most people seem to support UKIP because they say most of the things that the modern Conservative party don't.

But he also said this so the bit you quoted wasn't his views.

The bit you've highlighted about me condemning his views refers to Geoffrey Clark, the UKIP candidate. The bit about the focus groups refers to Lord Ashcroft. You've assumed the quotes are about the same person but they're not.

---------- Post added 18-12-2012 at 20:09 ----------

I'm sorry, but you're going to have to out a bit more flesh on the bones. Most people seem to support UKIP because they say most of the things that the modern Conservative party don't.

They say the things the Tories said until Cameron became leader.

What is this country coming to if you can't even condemn the handicapped to death any more ? It's political correctness gone mad ! A fiendish plot hatched by the European superstate ! Now get orrrf my land.

---------- Post added 18-12-2012 at 20:28 ----------

Probably should have added a smiley, though to be honest, I don't know whether to laugh or to cry any more.

The bit you've highlighted about me condemning his views refers to Geoffrey Clark, the UKIP candidate. The bit about the focus groups refers to Lord Ashcroft. You've assumed the quotes are about the same person but they're not.

Right sorry, just had a read and yes his views are a tad insensitive.

Nice to see UKIP have taken action, they don't want extreme lefties in their ranks.

No but they do seem to attract extreme righties. UKIP initially supported Clark and only caved in to the criticism, not to his views.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/dec/18/ukip-candidate-abortion-for-downs-syndrome

I still think it strange that a party that tries to come across as Christian and anti-abortion should attract nutters like Clark. Maybe that party in Germany in the 30s that I mentioned earlier is their model for a Christian, anti-abortion movement.

UKIP is also quoting Lord Ashcroft's research that I mentioned earlier. Funny that when I quote things about UKIP that UKIP itself acknowledges UKIP members come on here denying it;

http://www.ukip.org/content/latest-news/2904-ukip-winning-support-because-we-say-the-things-that-need-to-be-said

Saying the things that need to be said. Famous last words for Geoffrey Clark.

What is this country coming to if you can't even condemn the handicapped to death any more ? It's political correctness gone mad ! A fiendish plot hatched by the European superstate ! Now get orrrf my land.

---------- Post added 18-12-2012 at 20:28 ----------

Probably should have added a smiley, though to be honest, I don't know whether to laugh or to cry any more.

Given that UKIP will almost certainly contain a number of activists who are very pro-life, I can't imagine Geoffrey Clark's views will have impressed many in UKIP.

Archived