Mittens?? why??

why would somebody wear mittens when theres gloves? i dont see the point? surely its better to have fingers?

why were they invented when theres gloves???

:help::huh::loopy::confused:

All your fingers snuggled up together will stay warmer than being individually rapped, same principle applies to sleeping bags they don’t have two legs because its warmer to have your legs together in one bag.:)

All your fingers snuggled up together will stay warmer than being individually rapped, same principle applies to sleeping bags they don’t have two legs because its warmer to have your legs together in one bag.:)

hmmm but surely using them AND them being warm is better than just being warm? lol

hmmm but surely using them AND them being warm is better than just being warm? lol

That’s fine if you want to use them, but sometimes people are out in the cold and don't need to use their fingers.

And mittens also get rid of that nagging little problem of getting all your fingers into the right hole, very useful for small children.

If you're the sort of person who gets really cold hands there are few nicer things than some sheepskin mittens that actually DO keep your hands warm when you're out.

I only started getting cold hands about 5 years ago, but they get cold to the point that even if I have a pair of really decent gloves (my favourites are really stretchy and soft titanium neoprene, actually intended to be diving gloves but great for dog walking where they're windproof and they get wet and still insulate) and I preheat my gloves, my fingers are still white and cold within half an hour. My OH calls it the zombie girlfriend effect.

Because of needing to take the lead on and off and manage dog poo I can't wear mittens, but I'd consider them if they would keep my fingers from being quite so dead and white.

I've got some gorgeous sheepskin mittens but my hands are always cold as I have to keep taking them on and off to do anything!

So yes, apart from children, I'm not sure why anyone would wear mittens. :D

(off to look for sheepskin gloves...)

If you're the sort of person who gets really cold hands there are few nicer things than some sheepskin mittens that actually DO keep your hands warm when you're out.

I only started getting cold hands about 5 years ago, but they get cold to the point that even if I have a pair of really decent gloves (my favourites are really stretchy and soft titanium neoprene, actually intended to be diving gloves but great for dog walking where they're windproof and they get wet and still insulate) and I preheat my gloves, my fingers are still white and cold within half an hour. My OH calls it the zombie girlfriend effect.

Because of needing to take the lead on and off and manage dog poo I can't wear mittens, but I'd consider them if they would keep my fingers from being quite so dead and white.

You should put your mittens on over your gloves and just take them off to pick the poo up.