Ecclesfield Red Rose football team

tiffy

Any memories of Frank Bungay? He was a bit of a legend with Ecclesfield Red Rose, as a player man many years ago, later as a manager.

I remember frank bungay when he was the caretaker for william greens foundry wich stood where morrisons now stands. this would have been mid 1970,s when i did my apprenticeship there. franks old house is part of the car dismantlers behind ecclesfield police station. the buildings in the dismantlers where i worked for 7 years are all thats left of greens. didnt frank have a brother?

I remember frank bungay when he was the caretaker for william greens foundry wich stood where morrisons now stands. this would have been mid 1970,s when i did my apprenticeship there. franks old house is part of the car dismantlers behind ecclesfield police station. the buildings in the dismantlers where i worked for 7 years are all thats left of greens. didnt frank have a brother?

Frank's brother was Billy (William). It was Billy who lived in the house opposite Green's. Frank lived in Cross Hill.

thanks nigel, i stand corrected. talking of station road i wonder if anyone has any old photo,s, especially the old entrance to greens wich went under the archway with the offices above. the archway would have been opposite the first entrance into what is now the car dismantlers.

Archived