UKIP Immigration and Asylum Policy

Immigration does need to be debated, as does our involvement in the eu. But.....

Illegal immigrants can't claim benifits.

So where do you think these people are housed and by whom?asylum seekers are given money and housed. granted they might get a smaller rate that those on JSA BUT they do get money.

Immigration does need to be debated, as does our involvement in the eu. But.....

Illegal immigrants can't claim benifits.

Yet they seem to manage time after time, maybe the problem is down to the incompetents of staff working in the benefits department.

It's the sun so no idea if its complete fiction or the truth.

AN illegal immigrant who fiddled more than £30,000 in benefits cannot be kicked out of the country — because of human rights laws.

And amazingly, a series of rulings means single mother Joy Chishimba can not only STAY in her council flat in London’s fashionable Chelsea but CONTINUE claiming benefits.

Chishimba, 26, entered Britain from Zambia on a student visa. In 2009 she fell pregnant, bought a fake UK passport for £1,000 and used it to get the flat and handouts. When she was eventually rumbled she admitted fraudulently claiming £30,000 in housing benefit and £4,000 in income support.

I wonder how many people here calling for work camps, immediate expulsion, removal of human rights and the like would be willing to be placed under the same conditions themselves if they found themselves in a foreign country and their immigration / identity was unclear - e.g. after having your passport stolen in a holiday resort?

I expect many (most) such posters on here haven't experienced wartime- or economically-motivated displacements, nor come from families who have.

England hasn't been invaded for centuries, nor had cause for mass economical emigration e.g. per the XIXth century famine in Ireland.

Black shirts and their like always surface back and find fertile ground in times of economical penury.

Hey L00b, Euroscepticism is often wrongly caricatured as xenophobia by the Europhiles. I'm just wondering, as a French person living in the UK, do you find British Euroscepticism offensive?

I doubt that the unlawful immigrants who- in the UK- unlawfully claim benefits are claiming only because their passports were stolen!

I'm not suggesting that. This thread is not just about those illegally claiming benefits, and has been expanded by some to cover anyone who can't prove who they are on demand and why they're here, and should you be amongst that group, then you should have a multitude of things done to you immediately, key among them being the removal of your access to human rights legislation.

A significant number of Britons do have issues each year proving their identity and immigration status across the globe, and any one of us could be next through no fault of our own. Do we want to be treated as subhuman's simply because a piece of paper has gone missing? Because if we treat foreign people in this country with no identity / immigration documentation as subhuman, then that is how we should expect to be treated if we ever end up in similar circumstances.

Hey L00b, Euroscepticism is often wrongly caricatured as xenophobia by the Europhiles. I'm just wondering, as a French person living in the UK, do you find British Euroscepticism offensive?
Not when it's not mired in xenophobia.

I'm not exactly a "Europhile" myself btw, and can fully relate to Cameron's strategy so far, which I fully endorse (as a British taxpayer at the top rate...from a long date as well).

I must have been lucky so far: the only xenophobes I've (kind of-) run into in the area all seem to concentrate on this here Forum ;)

However, I have nothing whatsoever to say on safety- or economically-motivated migration, other than complete empathy with those who have a go to try and better their lot:

half of my family was expropriated and evicted as "not Germanisable" in 1940 (when the relevant region of France reverted back to the IIIrd Reich...and reflect back on that for a second: local and in the same house/land for centuries, evicted with 1 suitcase within 1 hour for cultural reasons)

the other half had been migrating economically since the early 1900s throughout most of Western Europe (following pit and steel work opportunities)

My grandad was Italian and graduated from driving pit ponies to driving locos, via German, Belgian and French pits. My dad was a product of paternalism and became a mechanical engineer through bursaries and grants. After moving here (on my own back, with no network or support), eventually I became a legal professional qualified in several countries and regions, under their respective exams (all in English language, which I didn't speak or write that well when I arrived).

I can tell euroscepticism from xenophobia, don't you worry: my family has been at that particular school of life from a long date indeed.

I'm not suggesting that. This thread is not just about those illegally claiming benefits, and has been expanded by some to cover anyone who can't prove who they are on demand and why they're here, and should you be amongst that group, then you should have a multitude of things done to you immediately, key among them being the removal of your access to human rights legislation.

A significant number of Britons do have issues each year proving their identity and immigration status across the globe, and any one of us could be next through no fault of our own. Do we want to be treated as subhuman's simply because a piece of paper has gone missing? Because if we treat foreign people in this country with no identity / immigration documentation as subhuman, then that is how we should expect to be treated if we ever end up in similar circumstances.

People that lose their passports will no doubt cooperate in proving their identity, whilst illegal immigrants tend not to cooperate and probably burnt their passport in the first place.

These are two entirely different issues.

[/b]

So where do you think these people are housed and by whom?asylum seekers are given money and housed. granted they might get a smaller rate that those on JSA BUT they do get money.

Now you've moved the goalposts. The post I responded to was "illegal immigrants", not asylum seekers, that's a different thing altogether. This is what asylum seekers can get http://www.rightsnet.org.uk/pdfs/roap-benefits.pdf. Still don't think illegals can get anything LEGALLY.

Require those living in the UK under ‘Permanent Leave to Remain’ to abide by a legally binding ‘Undertaking of Residence’ ensuring they respect our laws or face deportation. Such citizens will not be eligible for benefits. People applying for British citizenship will have to have completed a period of not less then five years as a resident on ‘Permanent Leave to Remain’.

In my opinion the above point from UKIP's Immigration and Asylum policy is open to considerable abuse. I do not trust a political party who have made much capital from scapegoating to wield legislative power in a responsible manner. Once those living in the UK under ‘Permanent Leave to Remain’ commit to the ‘Undertaking of Residence’ what would stop UKIP from introducing new discriminatory and authoritarian legislation to deliberately make it more and more difficult to avoid deportation?

Archived