Comet Electrical Stores (Old thread prior to administration)

Bought a LG 50 Plasma from these jokers and when it died after 6 months I

have been left waiting over a week now for someone to come and collect

this piece of junk, customer services at Comet are a joke too, rude and

condeseding staff told me 'If your not happy with our service then

complain to trading standards. Was also told that I couldnt speak to a

manger at customer services as they are not for the public to talk to,

they are there for staff support only. Wish I had read all the

complaints about this company before buying from them, but lesson

learnt.

Anyone else had problems ?

• 1 year later...

Just wondering if anyone else has had problems having a fridge freezer repair done under extended warranty. Their engineers seem to guess whats wrong rather than actually check properly. Also their engineers claim to change parts when in fact no parts were used. Perhaps they might guess whats wrong on their third attempt.

All my food was lost when the first engineer came out. He told me to not put any food in for 24hrs:loopy: Good job i didnt presume the fridge was working before re-stocking it. Ah well i live in hope:rolleyes:

when you have a fault with your electricals these days, it's not worth chasing them up for it to be fixed because they are total cowboys and don't have a clue what they are doin.

its the same with the Currys/PcWorld KnowHow guys. they collect your item, and when they fetch it back, it ends up having a bigger fault than it did before it went in.

might aswel just bin them and buy a new one and save all the messing about.

• 8 months later...

the guy in the interview summed it up to perfection

sometimes before commiting to a large purpose you may need to go into any given store just to check it ,touch it ,and feel it

a classic senario of how we use and abuse to gain knowledge

then they go buy it on the internet!

shops are no more than convenient places to get a warm and USE the salesmans knowledge as the internet cant answer any questions

the internet is a bad thing for retail shops

did people really think that the high street shops wouldnt close after the internet:huh:

Archived