Insuring two cars

It might be worth looking into temporary insurance for the old car. Most normal insurance policies are for a year, and you may end up losing some money if you take out a new policy and then cancel it a short time later. You will probably get charged an administrative charge.

In regards to the No Claims Bonus, it can only be used on one car at once, so a second car/policy would begin with zero no claims.

It might be worth looking into temporary insurance for the old car. Most normal insurance policies are for a year, and you may end up losing some money if you take out a new policy and then cancel it a short time later. You will probably get charged an administrative charge.

In regards to the No Claims Bonus, it can only be used on one car at once, so a second car/policy would begin with zero no claims.

Yup, I have heard about cancellation / administrative charges being really high, so much so I think I would time my current car selling or scraping to fall inline with the current poilcy expiring.

What about the insurance groups who advertise multicar (admiral), are they better for 2 car insurance for 1 owner?

Yup, I have heard about cancellation / administrative charges being really high, so much so I think I would time my current car selling or scraping to fall inline with the current poilcy expiring.

What about the insurance groups who advertise multicar (admiral), are they better for 2 car insurance for 1 owner?

My last two cars I sold/SORNed with a couple of weeks left before the insurance expired, and I never bothered to cancel it early. I just let it run out to avoid being charged.

I was with Admiral Multicar before, but that was 2 cars and 2 drivers, and the 'shared drivers' thing was beneficial, but I'm not sure how good it is for a single driver.

My last two cars I sold/SORNed with a couple of weeks left before the insurance expired, and I never bothered to cancel it early. I just let it run out to avoid being charged.

I was with Admiral Multicar before, but that was 2 cars and 2 drivers, and the 'shared drivers' thing was beneficial, but I'm not sure how good it is for a single driver.

I'd love the thought of owning 2 cars, a nice weekend sporty thing and a daily driver, wouldnt the admerial multicar car work for me in this case?

What do you mean by 'temporary insurance'? Do you mean apply the no claims to the new car (which is what I would do) then take out a temporary insurance out on the old one?

Miss longlegs, when does the old policy expire?

we got a shock on this, we have had a car for donkeys years and i have full no claims bonus and i have had the wife as a named driver on my policy for the last 15 years. i always had a bike also so in the summer i rode the bike and she had the car. anyway last year i gave up the bike for winter and decided to get her a little car for the winter so got a little suzuki. of course when we foned round for the insurance we got the shock of our lives cos the insurance was in her name they took it as she was a new driver and quoted us over a grand! she was 42! they said it was because it was the first policy in her own name. she has had a licence and been driving for 15 years! anyway to cut a long story short, shop around cos we got it down to £400.

Archived