Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

I used npower and it was around £200 I think, possibly slightly less. Not sure about a DIY job - depends how handy and knowledgeable you are I suppose! It's a wireless one so there was an element of fiddling around with the boiler involved too.

Hi Micky- we are in Huddersfield.

Would need someone coming out ASAP- ideally tomorrow morning.

Can send you address details to your contact number.

We have used CityWide few times (Dan) but not seen or heard from them for a while now- have they packed it in?

Thanks

Working in Sheffield/Rotherham most days, Huddersfield is a little far out for me, sorry

---------- Post added 06-11-2013 at 20:26 ----------

£200 all in?

Happy to assist if not already sorted. I assume you already have a timer ? So just a stat required ?

Just to update- been quoted £180 + fitting charges for replacing fan on Ideal Classic FF260 (same FF230 as both are under one manual).

Anyway- not sure if this is reasonable so anyone on SF who wishes to advise I would be grateful.

oh dear 49er, theres always one who knows nothing and understands even less

READ THE QUESTION.The temperature setting was wanted for the BOILER,

not the thermostat. The double glazing windows ARE new,recently I picked the no good son of a bitch company

Just to update- been quoted £180 + fitting charges for replacing fan on Ideal Classic FF260 (same FF230 as both are under one manual).

Anyway- not sure if this is reasonable so anyone on SF who wishes to advise I would be grateful.

They are about £150 plus vat on line but you sometimes need the serial prefix to determine which fan it is exactly and dependant upon th variant you should look a paying around £60 -£100 for fitting !