Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

Just after a little advice.

I have just viewed a property that has a back boiler, what are very rough estimates in fitting a combi.

Can the pipe work be left and the new system flushed.

Thank you.

Chris

---------- Post added 28-02-2017 at 17:32 ----------

I won't be holding anyone to a price, I'd like to know if it's just a case of fitting and hooking a new boiler up or would we be talking ripping out pipe work

Pipework in the wall at side of BB is usually left in place, USUALLY two are circs (that may become redundant) and two are live central heating pipes, boiler can be decommissioned and fire left working OR both appliances totally removed. First obstacle is to find a location for new boiler and sort new pipe runs, gas in particular. Expect quotes of £2000-£2500 for a boiler with 7-10yr warranty. Happy to survey property, discuss install and provide a written quote, cheers, Steve

Boiler problems seem to be a recurring feature of home ownership. I know that I have had my share of them in the past. However, after having years of trouble with a dodgy boiler and dodgy gas fitters (I was really ripped off by one some years ago) I decided to have a new one fitted and also sign up to a regular maintenance contract. The company I chose was Flamecare, which have been really good (no this is not an advert, I have been genuinely impressed by them).

I need someone to come and quote me for a replacement boiler to be fitted asap as mine has pretty much packed in. Does anyone have any recommendations?

If this is your line of work please only contact me if you could do the job soon, I can't really afford to be waiting weeks for a new one.

Thanks

Neil

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

My boiler has stopped heating the water. The pilot light is on, the gas heater in the dining room (part of the same unit, but having its own fire) works fine, the radiator pump works fine, water circulation works, the thermostat seems to be working (I can hear the clicking sound when turning). The only thing that does not work seems to be the ignition as the boiler does not fire up. It had been working up until Friday so I don't think it should be suddenly stuck, dirty, etc. Does anybody know how to fix/replace ignition and how much it might cost (or how to find where the problem is)?

Thanks

Hi guys!

My boiler has stopped heating the water. The pilot light is on, the gas heater in the dining room (part of the same unit, but having its own fire) works fine, the radiator pump works fine, water circulation works, the thermostat seems to be working (I can hear the clicking sound when turning). The only thing that does not work seems to be the ignition as the boiler does not fire up. It had been working up until Friday so I don't think it should be suddenly stuck, dirty, etc. Does anybody know how to fix/replace ignition and how much it might cost (or how to find where the problem is)?

Thanks

Call me to discuss issue

Regards Jonathan