Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

Hi again Steve,

Many thanks for your reply.

I have constant drip from condensate pipe at the moment (even when the boiler is not operating).

There is no discharge from the copper pipe at the mo.

I do understand when you say condensate is not a leak.

But I feel that the pressure drops because the system lose water through plastic pipe. As I said water from condensate pipe is non stop...

Regards

Hi again Steve,

Many thanks for your reply.

I have constant drip from condensate pipe at the moment (even when the boiler is not operating).

There is no discharge from the copper pipe at the mo.

I do understand when you say condensate is not a leak.

But I feel that the pressure drops because the system lose water through plastic pipe. As I said water from condensate pipe is non stop...

Regards

Must admit don't expect condensate to drip when boiler not in operation, sounds very strange :suspect:

Need advice have a ideal combi 35 that when you turn on the hot water the radiators become hot even though central heating turned off on boiler and thermostat turned off. The diverted activator valve has been changed but problem still persists.

Thanks for any suggestion.

Need advice have a ideal combi 35 that when you turn on the hot water the radiators become hot even though central heating turned off on boiler and thermostat turned off. The diverted activator valve has been changed but problem still persists.

Have you not got warranty on this boiler? Happy to take a look for you cheers jon at JB Heating

---------- Post added 24-07-2014 at 21:54 ----------

Hi all,

Looking at getting combi - can anyone give rough price from past experience

Thanks

Happy to call and give a free quotation cheers Jon.

We've not used our Potterton boiler for over ten years as we couldn't get a part for it and have had bills saying £0 balance, earlier this year we received a bill for £31 which they say was just for having a meter in the porch, either we pay the charge or they will remove the meter.

Anyone else had this experience?

If rads heat when only hw demand then usually can only be diverter but need to also check any programmer or frost setting is not giving a 'rogue' demand too. As JB suggested, any new boiler should still be under warranty so any repair would be covered if the boiler has been maintained

• 2 weeks later...
Must admit don't expect condensate to drip when boiler not in operation, sounds very strange :suspect:

thinking possible a pin hole in the main heat exchanger. this would account for the run off down the condensate.

---------- Post added 03-08-2014 at 11:26 ----------

when you say the 3 way valve has been changed do you mean the syncron motor (the top part) or the whole valve. if it was the first one then the valve rubber could still be passing within the brass assembly.

Fitted loads of these boilers has have most the the engineers on here. They are fantastic but unfortunately a modification they made to the boiler ment a new divertor cartridge was fitted for a short period of time before they realised that there was an issue with them.

They have reverted back to the original design now but sounds like you have one of the faulty upgraded cartridges which is a mm short and cause the boiler to stick in central heating.

Give Ideal a call who I'm sure will be more happy to pop out and change the cartridge for you.